Pen Y Fan

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lacijag1

Forager
On the 3rd of jan. couple of us friends went to climb the Pen Y Fan mountain in Wales.
It was a start a new year with something cool thing and seemed to be a good idea.
It was a cold day and snow on the ground. The trail was covered with ice from halfway to the top. We climbed next to the trail in the snow. It wasn't easy but at least wasn't slipery.
Took us 2,5 hours to get to the top. It was very windy up there.
Quick handsakes and photos and back down to the car park.
On the way down saw some minor accidents like twisted ankles and such. Luckily we got down ok.
After all it was a great day and a good hike really enjoyed it. And to see the snowy brecon beacons was a bonus, it was really beautifull!

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I must confess i did enter this thread thinking it was a big snowy mountain trip report, you came, you saw and you left ;)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its a lovely walk, back @2008 I took about twenty Filipino nurses up there, not in winter but they all enjoyed it and now years later some are taking their young children on the same walk.

Pioneer72

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2016
Shropshire
Glad you had a good day, it's a great place but like you said, can't hang around on the top on a windy day.

Might be worth investing in some walking crampons / spikes for icy mountain footpaths though - they just strap over your boots and could potentially save your life :)

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
heres a couple from a trip i had

ajuheda5.jpg
u9aquzav.jpg
eze9udy3.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE