Pen fishing rods.com

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Lifelong angler here too, hence the link to the emmrods, they seem to have a bit more of a pedigree. To be honest there was a time when I thought pole fishing with an elastic wasn't real fishing either...

Hang on...

I still think that! :p

I've been looking at these for a while. I'd say perfect for narrow woody rivers etc

Johno76

Jan 4, 2014
United Kingdom
I have purchased two of the goliath pen rod and reel combos (one for a friend), they are decent quality and I have brought in a 6lb rainbow trout with it. People who give bad reviews of these bits of kit are most likely not using them correctly. You fight the fish with the drag on the reel NOT the rod. If you try bending into a decent fish with the rod it will most likely break. Lifting fish out the water with the rod will also most likely knacker it, use a net, hand or even hold the line and then pull fish up out of the water. Play fish with the drag and tire them out and you won't have any issues. I have a decent 6 section travel rod that I use but having the ability to have a pen size rod I can stick in my pocket is a bonus. I would recommend one as long as you use it properly. The 6lb rainbow was caught on a gold fly flicker on 3lb line.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE