Pen fishing rod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I would avoid it like the plague! Telescopic rods are notoriously poor quality and every joint is a weak spot. Best option is to get a four or five piece travel rod. They pack down small and would be far more reliable.

Dazcon.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I bought one and it was really bad, as in broke by a small chub on the first session. Some telescopic rods are not to bad these daya but most are rubbish, so it's worth looking into. The travel rods, as previously mentioend, are a better option but cost a bit more, although there was a John Wilson one that looked OK for £25. I used to have what was sometimes called a poachers rod, which was an 8' rod that broke down into 8 x 1 foot lengths. I bought it in Holland & have never been able to find one like it since. I used it for many years but it ended up getting broken but not before I had pulled out quite a few 10 pund carp on it, so it was up to the job. I used to sit under a bush in Vondel Park in Amsterdam pulling out carp all day long while hiden from view...

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
It might be worth buying just because any fish pictured next to the rod looks massive lol. Catch using something else and just use the rod for scale...

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I have to admit this did kinda catch my eye, And if I can persuade my partner might just order one this week. Even if it is a bit gimmicky it would make a great gift for those fishing friends.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
go on gooutdoors.com and you can get a 3 section 8 foot for for about £8 that is specifically designed to catch fish lol then get a cheap real and your laughing imagine catching a really nice fish only to lose it because your "pen" broke lol

Last edited:
D

D3adkl0wn

i enjoy my ronco pocket fisherman.. dunno if you can get them in the UK though.. pen rods seem a little, i dunno.. lame, cause you still have to carry a reel seperately

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE