Pellet Backstop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Setting up an indoor air rifle range in our uni sports hall (needs to be taken down after each session) -I hear you can use an old carpet or rug or sheet of canvas to stop an air rifle pellet. Obviously we will be using pellet traps for the targets, but the canvas would be as an extra to protect the wall and could well be useful when coaching new shooters! The rifles are up to 12ft/lbs.

The questions are: how thick does the canvas need to be, what's the best way to hang it, and where can I acquire suitable material for a good price?

Thanks
Dan

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
We use the kind of plasticised canvas that marquees are made of. Works really well.

The curtain material on a curtain side truck or trailer is very similar. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=360964718379

We have a setup that involves step ladders, 2x2 timber drilled and roped onto the tops. Over this goes the canvas and then decorators sheet over that which prevents ricochets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE