Peak district near Birch Over.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Managed to get out this weekend for a little winter Bivy time and enjoyed every minute of it as usual :D

An old friend introduced me to a few wooded areas around bakewell that were perfect for wild camping (pm for more location info due to land laws :rolleyes: ). We didnt manage to turn up till late lunch saturday but the weather although cold was very clear and sunny.
The site was acutally in an old quarry which was a strange place bit "blair witch" lol but was full of wildlife and some great birch/broad leaf wood :)
As the dark set in quick we ended up having to find firewood in the dark (golden rule broken) then chop it up with an axe in the dark (second golden rule broken) and if anyone is wondering why these are good rules to follow you will need to talk to the slice in my friends finger :puppy_dog
Anyways taped and bandaged up we had a lovely fire and rat packs for tea and desert which were as usualy lovely :)
Using just sleeping bags bivy/bivy bags we were warm as toast and slept from about 10:30 like old men till 7 the next morning the half bottle of Lambs helped also lol
The next morning was a little cold as usual waiting for the sun to appear over the trees but when it did it was very very nice :D.
We then proceeded to walk back to the village via a route explained very badly to me by my old friend but we mad it back eventually :rolleyes: on the plus side it was a beautiful walk across the hills on a cold sunny morning.

Few pics below but they were only from my rubbish phone cam :)

camp1new.jpg

Our camp but after bivy packing up PS camp fire stones there before us not a fan but hey :)

view2.jpg

View on the walk back

view1.jpg

View from my bivvy bag

me2.jpg

Cheers for looking :)

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
looks good to me, i live not to far from there. on weekends at least!

sure you'll have fun there come the spring

steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE