Peak District meets nr Whaley Bridge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, thanks for the interest. Last meet was a bit of a wash out but here is hoping this one stays a little drier!
Next meet is from the evening of the 5th Dec to the afternoon of the 7th Dec. I've got myself stuck working all this weekend now so I'll only be get to drop by quickly, if at all. The place is easy to find and I'm sure there are some people who've been up there before going. So I don't need to run around in the dark looking for people to collect fees can everyone intending to come on the December meet please pay via PayPal. Site fee of £10 to info@peakinstruction.com (no sign up needed).
I'll email site rules and location to the email address you use to PayPal me or send me an email direct to the above address.
Last thing - I'm building up a store of dry wood for winter courses under the tarps near the parachute fire circle. Please leave this pile and collect your own wood as I won't have time to top it up again before I need it.
Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/574805032638923/
Cheers.
Pete

Copy and Paste + add your name.
1. Pete (very briefly if I can)

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Riam said he will if he can, are you going Friday ? Im not sure what time I'll be done Friday so thought I'd come Saturday morning

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
Looks like a chance of some white stuff Friday and sunshine Saturday that's what the Buxton forecasters say , be nice to have some snow

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
It really is only a few hundred metres into the wood from the parking on the road. There is no reason to go 'alpine light' unless you want to.
I'm off up there shortly to check everything is in order before the weekend where it is looking increasingly likely that I'll not be able to get up to see you.

On that note, I'm not sure who's forum name equates to real names (apart from Kieran). I've got payment from people, would you mind PMing me real names so I can put a mark against those who've sent money already. If you've not paid yet I'll not be able to take cash so please PayPal £10pp to info@peakinstruction.com. Cheers.
I'm underground running a caving course all weekend but any problems call me on 07812038233.If you need any info on how to find it and site guidelines etc let me know.

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
I've just returned from a check up on the site and I am pleased to say everything is ship shape and ready for visitors. Loo tent is still standing and Toni's tweaks to the parachute have got rid of all the water collecting hollows nicely.
The track by the white garages is a bit sloppy but a couple of cars could park before the scaffolded house. Please don't drive beyond here as it's just a mud track and I don't want cars going past the neighbours' windows.
Please can you also leave the existing fire wood and shelter wood piles intact and collect your own materials for fire/shelter. Ta

Pete K

Forager
Nov 13, 2012
Derbyshire
www.facebook.com
That's okay, work is keeping me away too.
Out of interest, what's the objection to PayPal? I only ask for it when I can't get there to collect cash, it's not a deal breaker most of the time.

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
Hi Peter. Having had, and used, a Paypal account for some years they suddenly decided (without any provocation) that I had to prove, with passport, driving licence etc, my identity. Until I did they would lock my account, including making it impossible for me to cancel it. I decided to vote with my feet.

Oct 29, 2014
doncaster
hi guys sorry i wasnt there tonight ,i could not find it. drove round but no luck, gutted
hope i find the place for the next time and get to meet you all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE