Peace in the woods.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Got home from work last night, totally frazzled and wound up so I packed my rucksack and headed to the local woods on the mountain bike.

Wadda ya know. A night in the hennessey listening to the forest sounds and taking in the scent of the woodland.. Woke up fresh as a daisy and a very contented fellow.

It's the simple things that make a difference! :biggthump

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
sounds great to me.. :thumbs_up i worked till midnight.. :thumbs_do

was the hennessy nice and warm? what did you use in it?

p.s. if you practiced the snow dance it didnt work :wink:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
tomtom said:
was the hennessy nice and warm? what did you use in it?

Toasty warm mate ! :wink:

I had my Nanok endurance SF -10 and underneath me I had one of those car sunshades that are made of thin foam sandwiched between 2 sheets of Mylar (99p from tesco's) and I slept like a baby. Jules, my wife said it hammered down with rain in the night, but I never woke up !! :super:

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
arctic hobo said:
It was the magic strands woven into the Nanok that cheered you up really. Not some nasty piece of woodland :yikes: :rolmao: j/k Sounded like a lovely night.

Ahhhh ya got me.. Twas the magical Nanok fibres that lulled me into a deep and comforting sleep :biggthump

jakunen

Native
MD, good on ya mate!

I used to do that myself when I was totally stressed out - pack one small day pack with essentials (bivi, tarp, hip flask) and disappear for the weekend. I'd get home Sunday night totally stress free, singing, smiling...and then go back to work Monday morning...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE