PC or Mac?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 12, 2009
Kent, England
I'm basically reiterating what others have said.

Mac for style, and for saying "I've got a mac"
Windows for gaming and (possibly) compatibility.
Linux for speed and cost.

Personally, I prefer both Linux and Mac to windows. I like Linux for the fact that it can be run from a USB stick (although you have to use a Windows computer to put it on the USB stick easily.)
I like Mac for the fact that it looks amazing and SHINY. Apple certainly put a lot of thought into how their OS looks.

I have a Linux desktop (which I am currently rebuilding) and a Dell Mini 10v. (1011, not 1012).
The downside to Linux is definitely the lack of easy-to-find support. There is plenty on the net, though - you just have to search for it.
The Dell originally had Windows XP on it, but now has (not completely legally) Mac OS X on it. It starts up in just over a minute (2 minutes faster than XP) and shuts down in just over 5 seconds.

My personal favourite OS is Mac, and I prefer Mac hardware too. Linux is amazing for a low price range though (I was given the laptop for my birthday), so I can see the benefits of that too. I jsut don't see why anyone other than gamers use Windows.

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Interesting stuff
Thanks everyone, very interesting
Sounds like, for us and our use, mac isn't worth it unless we have the money burning a hole...

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE