Pathfinder cup vs Crusader cup.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
I see I should be more specific, refering to Pathfinder canteen cup vs Crusader.
This one:
4474_2.jpg

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
The pathfinder is bigger but I didn’t like the handle, most bushcrafter/survivalists/ outdoors from the US will be used to that style but not me. Since I still use a 58 ptn bottle the crusader is a better fit. Both good though just as they say horses for courses, whatever suits you.

Reactions: Larry Robinson
The pathfinder is bigger but I didn’t like the handle, most bushcrafter/survivalists/ outdoors from the US will be used to that style but not me. Since I still use a 58 ptn bottle the crusader is a better fit. Both good though just as they say horses for courses, whatever suits you.
no idea where the design originates, but my australian army cup uses the same style handle, and i've no stability issues ( dimensions are a bit different from the "pathfinder" cup) -- in fact one morning in Japan i had a brew before heading off for a daytrip into the mountains. in the evening i looked for my cup until i realized i'd left it on the roof of the truck i'd just driven 2.5 km down the road to another place(and walked back).... so i grabbed my bike and retraced my route: i found my cup frozen to the truck roof :)

the slots in the handle are supposedly to insert a bayonet or tent peg to extend the handle when using the cup over a fire...

Reactions: CLEM

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
With either cup a clever thing to do is to get an old fitted water bottle of the style that fits, USGI or Crusader, put it in the mug, and with a marker pen level with the top draw a line around the bottle. Then cut with a saw, sand the edges and you have a double cup option, one plastic, one metal, for food and drink.

Doesn't work if you carry the bottle obviously but useful at times... Also upcycles old surplus canteens.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
And the Osprey bottle has a wider opening. You can clean it easier than the US canteens if needed. Or you can better look in and convince yourself that everything is fine.

An interesting alternative is the Austrian army steel mug with aluminium or clear plastic bottle.

But I guess that in Finland the plastic cup and metal mug of the British Osprey bottle might be the better idea.

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Got the Pathfinder cup with lid. Lid fits Crusader cup good enough for me so now I use Crusader cup and Pathfinder gets tossed in a corner of my cupboard.
Took some photos of how the lid fits, it´s snug enough not to fall off when Crusader cup turned upside down.

Now that’s very interesting, from previous things I’ve read, it didn’t fit, that was the impression I got. Now I know it does, I’ll look into getting one!:) Thanks for showing that with the pictures to back it up. Much appreciated.:35:

Reactions: Larry Robinson

billycoen

Settler
Jan 26, 2021
north wales
I bought this,does the job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE