passing time at night..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
how do you pass the time at night?

I often don't sleep well and can't bare laying in bed for hours on end feeling uncomfortable and unable to switch off.

I've tried sleeping pills from my gp, cheap tesco ones, herbal pills and herbs but still have many restless nights.

does anyone else have any difficulties getting to sleep and know of things to do to help? :confused:

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
yeh me, i feel myself realy tiered at tea time and fight to stay awake but as soon as the evening comes im wide awake lol , alcahol helps me haha

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
yeh me, i feel myself realy tiered at tea time and fight to stay awake but as soon as the evening comes im wide awake lol , alcahol helps me haha

haha I feel exactly the same! knackerd in the day and awake at nigh no matter what time I get up or how much sleep I've had.

booze helps me sleep but I can't be drinking every night..

what does help other than booze is the sun rising, that helps me sleep. knowing it's light some how makes me sleep easier. ever feel like that?

raspberryjam

May 15, 2011
scotland
I end up on facebook, I have friends in different time zones so can catch up with them, or I obsessively clean/decorate/put up shelves ...My bodyclock gets out of sync, I have a coupla late nights and can't get back into a sleep routine, nights get later and later until I don't go to bed at all then the next night I'm completely exhausted so get an early night and then I'm back to normal...a coupla weeks later I have a coupla late nights and then its back to square one again LOL

raspberryjam

May 15, 2011
scotland
haha I feel exactly the same! knackerd in the day and awake at nigh no matter what time I get up or how much sleep I've had.

booze helps me sleep but I can't be drinking every night..

what does help other than booze is the sun rising, that helps me sleep. knowing it's light some how makes me sleep easier. ever feel like that?

The light makes me worse, as soon as dawn comes I think I might as well just stay up......drink doesn't help lol just makes me do daft stuff

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
haha days off are usually the ones that bugger up sleeping patterns! In the past I've had weeks of waking up at 12 at night and going to bed about 5pm.. it's a very strange experience being 'nocturnal' and having an upside down sleeping pattern, quite lonely and without any sun during some patterns is very depressing.

Also in the past I've had issues with akathisia and that made every thing so much worse, lots of booze helps ease that but again..I can't be drinking heavily every day.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'd crack open the cheap dry cidre but it would require getting up.. and then I'd be mroe restless untill I drank atleast 2 pints..

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
;)

haha, I think I'll go get a glass or two and see if it helps as I need to doa lot tomorrow and could do with a bit of sleep.

K

KneeOh

lie in bed, watch a film which i have seen soo many times, that i can just listen to it and picture it all in my head, so i dont have to actually watch it and can face away from the telly, normally works.

tell myself, get to sleep , stop worrying, tomorrow is a new day, and i should enjoy sleeping.

all depends how bad my sleeping pattern is out of synch, doesnt help im unemployed.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
my wife won't let me have a tv in our bedroom because I always used to have the tv on as it helped me sleep but it also stops her from sleeping well.

my advice for fixing sleeping patterns is to ty your best to stick to a routine get out and get in bed times, tht way if you did need to get up earlier than usual it won't be as bad.

raspberryjam

May 15, 2011
scotland
lie in bed, watch a film which i have seen soo many times, that i can just listen to it and picture it all in my head, so i dont have to actually watch it and can face away from the telly, normally works.

tell myself, get to sleep , stop worrying, tomorrow is a new day, and i should enjoy sleeping.

all depends how bad my sleeping pattern is out of synch, doesnt help im unemployed.

Funnily enough I have an awfy habit of falling asleep as soon as I stick a film on, maybe I should get a dvd collection going!

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Funnily enough I have an awfy habit of falling asleep as soon as I stick a film on, maybe I should get a dvd collection going!

falling asleep to things like the clangers and count duckula will give you very odd dreams..found that out far too often haha

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
the cider is out! and I'm eating waffles!

does anyone have a prefered drink at night compared to the day time? I find lager at night is just too fizzy and makes me feel sick.. port is probably one of my favourites.

K

KneeOh

heat milk up, while adding blocks of dairy milk in??

sounds full of win! how much chocolate would you add?

*runs off to the shops*

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
heat milk up, while adding blocks of dairy milk in??

sounds full of win! how much chocolate would you add?

*runs off to the shops*

it works better if you grate the chocolate but dropping bits in would work, heat up milk on the hob add the chocolate and a bit of cream and it's pretty much ready to go once it's all mixed!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE