passing time at night..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stroller

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 27, 2012
London
I can sleep on a clothesline (Google that one :) )
However my insomnia involves a two month old who has fed and now grunting her way through a nappy.
I find booze knocks me out initially, but then wake up with a full bladder then lie there awake.
Listing chores that need doing knock me out.

;( gasmasktime, stinks in here.

MightyBush

Jun 27, 2012
Scotland
I've always considered myself to be "naturally nocturnal" - no matter how hard I try, I always revert back into being awake at "ungodly hours".
I try to tire out my mind by reading - either a story or my studies. I also play poker, working out the maths exercises my brain nicely too.

But the only thing that has truly helped me to fall asleep, is drugs. Although, not prescribed drugs....go figure...lol
(by this I mean alcohol or mj...just needed to clarify...)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Well I work nights at least for another 2 weeks, and although it's not exactly the same I can't sleep right during the day but give me half a chance at sleeping during the night I'll have your hand off, lost count of the number of times I have been in bed all day tossing and turning and finally getting off around 6pm and then waking up at 20:45 in a flat spin to get ready for work.

Having said that Drink isn't the answer, you may get knocked out but the sleep is far from the same quality. I find if I drink a lot of coffee around 3am I am flagging around 7:30 am and I can drop off till around mid day then have a hour or so before I go to work. Not fool proof but works more often than not, for me at least.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've had two 'good' nights in a row now, waking up at 05:00 instead of 03:00 :) Got up and the house was freezing cold, so had to knock the heating on early. Just had four weetabix with strawberries and a banana....got the urge though for a bacon, sausage and tomato banjo I may have to fulfil shortly.

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
I've had two 'good' nights in a row now, waking up at 05:00 instead of 03:00 :) Got up and the house was freezing cold, so had to knock the heating on early. Just had four weetabix with strawberries and a banana....got the urge though for a bacon, sausage and tomato banjo I may have to fulfil shortly.

My dad's schedule exactly, right down to the urge for a sneekey bacon butty. I recommend Bob's butty bar on Picton high street :p even though the guy who owns it is called Jeff.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Picton is a bit of a run for a sarnie lol, I'll stick with the superb banjo's made at 'casa rik's' here in the valleys ;) Nice pot of Hot Java Lava and watch the latest episode of 'Modern Family' what a great start to the weekend :)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Picton is a bit of a run for a sarnie lol, I'll stick with the superb banjo's made at 'casa rik's' here in the valleys ;) Nice pot of Hot Java Lava and watch the latest episode of 'Modern Family' what a great start to the weekend :)

Yea it could be a bit of a run for you, shame really Jeff makes one hell of a butty :), not sold on Modern Family though, but all the episodes of BSG: Blood and Chrome are on youtube (legally too) so I may watch that before going to bed.

By the way did you know that hot lava java stuff is available in self heating can's now, and they do a caffinated hot chocolate that stuff is great to keep in the bottom of my bag along with a few other choice snacks.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Self heating cans...have their place, I'm more a

20_cup_perc_alu_resize__78880_zoom.jpg

type myself these days when out.

Are you watching American Horror Story season 2? stunning stuff, has to be amongst the best TV horror ever made. Can't put up a video link, family forum and all that but its well worth viewing :)

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Horror story isn't my thing, my sister loves it though. I am watching The Walking Dead, it's not as good as the comic and the prison is not as interesting but it's shaping up well. If you want the comics PM me.

As for the self heating can's, they are good not the best but work really really well. Especially when your in a heat sensitive environment. Or waiting for a cab / bus at 6:30am they do a decent job at warming the hands and gut.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
My lad is well into the comics but thanks for the offer, he gets really miffed with the TV series, me? I love it :)

B&M were/are selling self heating coffee for <£1 a can; also selling twin packs 2x250g Lavazza ground coffee for IIRC £2.50

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
My lad is well into the comics but thanks for the offer, he gets really miffed with the TV series, me? I love it :)

B&M were/are selling self heating coffee for <£1 a can; also selling twin packs 2x250g Lavazza ground coffee for IIRC £2.50

Oh I like the series, but the comic is so much better. Hell ask your son about woodbury and by now in the comic Carl has a survivor body count and rick dosent know (well OK in the comic he killed Shane) and Hershel loses two daughters and even more messed up is the governors story line before woodbury.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Drinking alcohol helps get you to sleep but read somewhere that its poor quality sleep.

I lie completely still and count back from 2000, I've never got into the 1800's yet! listening to radio 4 podcasts helps, there's also an app that plays rain/jungle/city noises which works for me as well.

Thenihilist

Nomad
Oct 3, 2011
Fife, Scotland
I used to have a problem sleeping and went to the doctor aftar a few months and he said I should try to stay awake, reason being that I was thinking about trying to sleep too much but if you try to stay awake you end up knackered, may not work for you but worth a try, keep telling yourself to stay awake, bit of reverse psychology on yourself

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE