Part-time lurker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fjord

Dec 28, 2013
Bolton
Morning all,

Just in case I end up having two introductory posts - I did attempt to post one yesterday morning (more than 24 hours ago) and it doesn't seem to have come through - I'm going to be fairly short. If they both do appear - please accept my apologies and delete one as you see fit.

I'm a mid-20s Scout Leader who has a keen interest in the outdoors. I canoe, climb and hill walk (sometimes) but would love to really get back to some of the essential bushcrafting skills and even become a little handier with the knife (For instance - I love the spirit carvings and the kuskas(sp?)).

I'm a part-time lurker so in all honesty, I don't think I'll be bombarding y'all with messages but I will be popping in to show my face now and then. :)

I don't want to post too much in case my other post appears - so feel free to ask away or provide me with any basic hints or tips. I have a very low bushcraft knowledge for now but do have a couple of survival books.

Fjord

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Ey up Fjord and welcome.

I lurked a lot too :) dread to think how many hours I've spent on here, I've learned stacks though.

Lots of good people here.

Fjord

Dec 28, 2013
Bolton
Thanks guys/gals. From what I've seen this place is very welcoming and stupid questions don't get (too much!) grief so I should fit in well...

I need to open negotiations with a couple of friends and maybe start a bushcraft specific kit for outings; I saw quite a nice - but cheap - introductory starter pack that has been debated on here. Here's to hoping!

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi and welcome, the reviews are very useful as the people who are writing them don't usually have any connection to the companies, so therefore give honest views on how good or bad the piece of kit is.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE