Parrafiiin/Kerrosene stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
So im looking to cover another fuel type stove - this time parrafin as I keep stock for the storm lanterns.

I already have gas covered ( screw on cannisters and coleman calorgas type) wood (open fire, wood burner) a few BBQ types,alcohol and meths along with other folding variants, and a stock of fuel to match each one.

Theres a few single hob sytles on auction sites but im rather dubious as I havent used a liquid fuel stove, but do use parrafin for lighting.

I dont really want to go down the petrol route, i dont have any other use for it (petrol) as of yet, vehicles are diesel and tools are battery powered.

Cheers all :)

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Get yourself an Optimus 111, cracking stoves.
ohh they are nice! I do like the british army no 12? a little out of my price range currently, especially if im going to have to do a service and tidy it up. With a budget south of £50 would i be able to find something suitable?

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Is this stove to run on gasoline, "naptha," like the original Coleman appliances? We expect these #533 and "green box" classic stoves and lanterns to light easily at -25C. A single mantle lantern can heat a big tent in a reasonable time. The #533 is the perfect marriage between the lantern tank and the #1 burner from the green box.

The #533 cost me more than I can remember, it was more than I wanted to spend.
But from a lifetime of farting around with Coleman stoves. It's got the reliability ad the BTU to do what I want.

Years ago, I had a Primus/Optimus etc, some sort of Euro-stove that ran on kerosene. The fuel was hard to find and the stove was a miserable finicky thing to get lit. For the sake of reliability, I went back to Coleman.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
ohh they are nice! I do like the british army no 12? a little out of my price range currently, especially if im going to have to do a service and tidy it up. With a budget south of £50 would i be able to find something suitable?
Look for an Optimus / Primus 00 on Marketplace / eBay. I’ve seen mint 00,S going for £30. Carboot sales are good for old stoves too. Old paraffin stove sometimes take a bit of fettling to get going so you might need a service kit and a bit of homework time too.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
I had a bunch of 00/096 Optimus stoves given to me not long back. They’re cracking little stoves once they get going, I’d highly recommend one of those. I might even have a couple still kicking about somewhere.

JB101

Feb 18, 2020
Watford
Go for an old optimus / primus stove as mentioned above.Model/size would depend upon what you want to use it for camping, car camping etc .
As far as i know the British Antartic Survey still use the Optimus 45 when out in the 'field'
Generally very easy to maintain/get back into use,have a look here (great resource) https://classiccampstoves.com/

Decacraft

Jul 28, 2021
South Wales
Thanks all! I think I'll keep my eye on ebay, charity shops and such for an optimus.

In all honesty it's not something that will be used regularly- its a just in case backup and something else I can show and teach the kids, and just another stove to keep alongside the rest with an alternative fuel source (reason why I don't want to spend too much).

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE