Parang for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Hello everyone - Time for another clear out !!

An unused genuine working parang made in a mountain jungle village by a Kadasan Dusun tribesman in Northern Borneo.

This is one of my personal collection brought back from Sabah around 4 years ago and has never been used - sheath has Rattan cording on it.

If anyone would like more detailed pics just let me know

I would like SOLD including UK p&p and paypal fees

Thankyou for reading

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Mate, I will have some more coming up inn the next few days - its just taking me some time to clear my garage out, will give you heads up if you like, cheers

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
No problem and thanks guys, I'll check through what I've got left over tommorow - I will be putting quite a lot of kit and cultural stuff up over the course of this month as I need more space, I will have a ceremonial parang or two going as well.

Thankyou

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
I'm also looking for a working (not ceremonial ) parang. If there are any more buried in your garage please let me know.

Regards Matt

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Billy & Quarryman

Would like to give you guys first dibs at this,

I have one last parang to go, Good news is the blade is perfect and unused, the bad news is there is a flaw/split in the wood of the handle as can be seen in the pics below, if your able to make handles this would be a good project piece as you will already have the template, also not got a sheath for this one !!

Happy for it to go for £15 to your door including paypal fees

thanks for reading

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Good question Eds mate, in this instance it was different makers from exactly the same village, I think it boils down to personal choice but you will find designs change a lot from region to region, my preference is the top one and it's the design that I still use on my jungle work.

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
the bottom one looks less aggressive, more tool like.

Top one looks a little more "weapon" ie pointy but I suspect the design is better at doing a variety of jobs - the women of the parang world, sharp and pointy but good at multi-tasking.:rolleyes:

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hi,
Thanks very much for giving me first dibs on the parang :) , unfortunatly:( I cant get on the site as much as I would like so I miss out on the good stuff, I see that Quarryman has asked for it, so I will step aside for this sale, but thanks again for keeping me in mind.
Enjoy Quarryman:)
And thanks again timboggle

Bill

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Seems there are a few here like myself who want a good parang or golok. I recently made enquiries to the Valiant Company in Aus as to how much it would cost for a Java Survival Golok (the 70 dollar one) to be sent here. About £52 registered airmail. I think this is amazing value.

Have a browse, you're gonna love this place;

http://www.valiantco.com/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE