Paramo Velez, Velez Adventure & Velez Adventure Light.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
So exactly what is the difference? Has the Velez been discontinued and replaced with the Velez Adventure?

Are there any design differences between the 3 aside from the obvious weight reduction on the Adventure Light?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The normal Velez is made from Nikwax Analogy fabric with no hood, the Velez Adventure is the same jacket but with a fixed hood, The Adventure Light has the fixed hood but is made from their Analogy Light fabric, hence the weight saving.

I believe they're all the same cut and fit but I could be wrong.

A lot of folk, myself included, find them too warm for all year round use, my Adventure doesn't really come out until we move into Autumn.

Terr

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2010
Scotland
Thanks Shewie. Do you know if any of them have underarm vents in addition to the two at the front?

I just received my Velez and it's definitely a hefty piece of gear. Seems almost perfect for the summer that we're having but I couldn't imagine wearing it any other summer. I'll wait until the Light version arrives to see if the weight saving means a substantial difference in insulation too.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
No pit zips in Velez - just the two long torso zips.

Agree - too warm for most summer use but in mountaineering, it can be good as it's equivalent to a micro fleece + waterproof. I wouldn't run or cycle in it, though.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks Shewie. Do you know if any of them have underarm vents in addition to the two at the front?

Not on the Velez range, you have to vent through the front pocket. I think the Aspira might have some zips on the arms but you'd have to check, I think they're on the top rather than pit zips though.

Jackdaw

The Velez, as you no doubt have notice now it has arrived, does have a hood. It is fixed by poppers and can roll up into the hood. Agree with everyone that they are far too hot for almost all year round. However, I now have the Paramo Fuera windproof jacket and where that most of the time. I have also worn it in a prolonged down pour (about an hour) over a Swanndri Ranger shirt and didn't feel uncomfortable. The Swannie got a bit damp but nothing I would complain about seeing as neither is waterproof.

On the downside, I managed to snag my Velez on an old barbed wire fence and it didn't come off that well! Went quickly back to my Barbour Bedale for most wet weather experiences.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE