Paracording lanyard spree

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, Johnathan, thats no good.

You need a bright colour so you dont lose them when you put them down on the similarly coloured ground.

(As I once nearly did with a Forum members laplander...)

Reactions: MrEd

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
You must have time on your hands :)

Forgive me for saying, I'm sure you know, but just in case there are people reading who don't, I suggest never putting a lanyard on something you use a sawing action on - if it catches on a branch or something it could rip the blade through your fingers. TBH, having witnessed someone doing exactly that years ago, the only thing I have lanyards on is small hatchets and I'm questioning the wisdom of that.

Of course, if you are reasonably disciplined, and always put your hand through the lanyard, I guess you're safer.

Rockfarm

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2021
Costa Rica
youtube.com
I am fond of small Paracord lanyards too! The beads I made from some scrap mammoth ivory several years ago.
IMG-20210830-102658.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
No, Johnathan, thats no good.

You need a bright colour so you dont lose them when you put them down on the similarly coloured ground.

(As I once nearly did with a Forum members laplander...)
I don’t put my knives down. That’s why it has a sheath :biggrin: There’s no way I’m putting a big orange cord on my beautifully handled knives. I’m not CLEM :lmao:
You must have time on your hands :)

Forgive me for saying, I'm sure you know, but just in case there are people reading who don't, I suggest never putting a lanyard on something you use a sawing action on - if it catches on a branch or something it could rip the blade through your fingers. TBH, having witnessed someone doing exactly that years ago, the only thing I have lanyards on is small hatchets and I'm questioning the wisdom of that.

Of course, if you are reasonably disciplined, and always put your hand through the lanyard, I guess you're safer.

I‘m with you. I normally wouldn’t put a lanyard on my knife, but in this case when I’m chopping by holding the flared butt, it makes it safer. But it has to be tight and spot on correct size so it can’t swing out and back at you if it slips. Or nice and small like @Rockfarm

Ooops

May 11, 2017
Hants but currently in Oman
I suggest never putting a lanyard on something you use a sawing action on - if it catches on a branch or something it could rip the blade through your fingers.
Tricky to explain so bare with me ...
Instead of tying the lanyard through the eye of the knife as a single strand, tie it as a completely separate loop.

Push the plain end of the loop through the eye of the knife and then pass the fancy knotted end through the loop.

Remove and refit as the task demands, easy, simple & quick

No doubt that's come across as being as clear as mud :0)

Reactions: JonathanD

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Instead of tying the lanyard through the eye of the knife as a single strand, tie it as a completely separate loop.

Push the plain end of the loop through the eye of the knife and then pass the fancy knotted end through the loop.

We know what you mean.

Reactions: Ooops

bearbait

I know that as a Bale Sling Hitch. And with a couple more "knotted end through the loop"s it becomes what I know as a Prussik Bend.

Reactions: Ooops

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE