Paracord wraped handles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have to say that last photo, the messy one, is the first time that a wrapped handle has looked practical, it's padded, shaped and softened/ frayed with use. The tight wrapped paracord ones we see just................no, find a bit of wood, or bone, the stuff grows y'know :rolleyes:

Sorry Hoodoo, I gave up on them after too many sore hands, and fed up trying to clean the gunk off.

cheers,
Toddy

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
I generally don't care for cordwrap on a large knife but I have to say, that is a beautiful knife. I reckon it is as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Now one of the funny things about this thead is I can't think of too many things more "bushcrafty" than wrapping a cord around a knife for a handle. This is so common among tribal people in South America, it almost goes without saying. :confused: This is especially common after the wooden handles on their machetes rot off or the plastic handles crack and fall off. Or they use them with no scales at all. Not to mention it was common here among the tactical wood carvers to wrap the handles on their crooked blades.

knife.jpg

Ahh, its not a big knife sir :D

Its one of Guyceps neckers, or the Neckmuk, its only 6 1/2'' long :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, I guess I'm guilty of practicing unsanitary bushcraft. Damn proud of it too. As for blisters, this is where common sense comes in and why people over here carry more than one knife.

I didn't know there was a sanitary style ;) It's usually mud, mud and more mud with a healthy dose of greenstuffs on mine :)
I don't mind muck, I don't like gunk and I hate sticky hands. The last time I tried paracord wrapped I was scraping out the itchcoos from rosehips.........never, ever, again :(

I just can't see me walking around like some Mxican bandido with a bandolier of assorted knives when I go for a toddle down the back lane: I have enough trouble being discrete about the knife I do carry.
If I'm off camping, then yes, a wee one in my pocket and a larger one in a sheath, but otherwise, not here.

cheers,
M

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
I think some paracord wrapped knives are great. Perfect for lightweight neckers and easily replaced over time if the cord becomes too grungy.

I've been wearing paracord-wrapped neckers for years and find them extremely handy.

buckneck1c.jpg

Oh that one was realy nice.

I have made a couple of knives with wrapped handles whith coated finnish. but they were more or less tactical knives.

Seved

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE