Paracord/survival bracelets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
W

Wander

I was just wondering how many people wear a paracord survival bracelets and have you ever had to use them?

Also does anyone have any tips when making them

BobvanVelzen

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2010
Netherlands
Always cut off more cord then you think you need.
If not happy with the result, try again.
Paracord shrinks when wet, so pre wet, or make adjustments.

And I just one to replace a shoelace, guyline and fixed a zip pull.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I learnt how to do the soleman (or cobra) knot bracelet off youtube there is a really good video from ITS Tactical my only issue it that they dont show how to finish it properly any advice??

Dave

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I make them now and again
I'm just waiting to get a load of buckles and cord from eBay to make up another load.
I've got some buckles with built in whistles coming along with some orange paracord.

W

Wander

So I guess you guys use 550 paracord and I was just wondering where you get it and how much you normally get?

Thanks for the help!!

takjaa

May 20, 2010
Hampshire, England
I make em because they are fun, but always end up giving them away to people that say 'wow thats cool'
never made them with buckles tho just monkey fists and a loop.
And never needed to take one apart to use as always had a spare bit of string/rope handy at the time.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
I have a Turk's Head knot bracelet made from 3mm climber's accessory cord (much better than paracord IMO), which I've used for the seat of a camp stool a few times... Not exactly "survival" though.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I have a Turk's Head knot bracelet made from 3mm climber's accessory cord (much better than paracord IMO), which I've used for the seat of a camp stool a few times... Not exactly "survival" though.

don't suppose you can put a snap of that up can you Dunc? I haven't tied a Turk's head since my grandad showed us all in scouts lol

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, I'm at work at the mo... I'll try and remember over the weekend sometime, but I'm not promising anything. ;)

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Just out of curiosity, are there any lanyard type knots /weaves that allow for a quick release of the cord, perhaps after undoing a finishing knot (e.g. a bit like that string along the top of flour bags where you cut one end and then the entire string just pulls out)?

I did a square weave paracord lanyard a couple of years ago and have just been looking at the cobra knot, but with both of these you would need to unpick each knot in order to unravel the cord (which admittedly isn't a great problem).

Geoff

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
I made my first Para-cord bracelet couple days ago, turned out very well also easy to do, now my little brother/father and my fiancée wants me to make one for them lol

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I did mine as a crossover weave rather then the conventional cobra stitch, but i'm never without it. just used to wearing it no matter what tbh.
i do need to get a decent cobra stitched one done tho as it has more cord on then my current but this one is just so nice ;D

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
Howdy. For 550 paracord try Supplycaptain.com they usually have a great selection of colors and ship overseas if I am not mistaken. For ideas on how to tie them look at Stormdranes blog. This guy is the master. I make and sell paracord lanyards. I've made a few braclets but not my specialty.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I tried to make one of these yesterday, or rather, spent just over an hour trying to tie a neat monkey's fist. Got it sorted then realised I had not only made it too big (rows of 4) but at the end of the piece of cord rather than in the middle. Doh!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE