Paracord question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Is there such a thing as heavy duty paracord. I know proper 550 is strong stuff but I'm looking for something thicker in diameter, 550 plus half again or twice. Is this available.
I have looked at 6mm accessory cord but it is quite stiff and doesn't knot too well.

thedawnawakens

Settler
Dec 2, 2012
UK
There's some 750 cord out there but Im not so sure whether thats going to be thick enough for you. What you planning on using it for?

Ashmarsh860

Mar 30, 2013
North Dorset
The stuff your after for your tarp is 1500N braided (para) cord, its usually white with a black fleck and is perfect for tarping. I have even used it to haul a large deer up for gralloching. Its also about 10mm so it will still pass through the standard brass tarp eyelets. I use it on my tarp and attach it using larkshead knots so it is easily adjustable. You can also get a similar variant that is manufactured flat, like a ribbon. Have a look on some sailing websites, they will have it as the round stuff gets used for all sorts and the flat stuff is used as safety lines on most commercial liferafts!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE