paracord monkeys fist lanyard

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
I'm calling this the "door knocker"; 3/4" steel bearing, gutted paracord, 12" lanyard (4 strand round braid); attached to key ring via snake knot. Similar to black one I posted a bit ago.

002-13.jpg

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Oh dear Paracordist

I think my other half may be naming you in divorce proceedings. I keep looking at your stuff, then spend far too many hours down the shed working on them. Of course I get through quite a bit of 'cord, so there are frequent packages arriving in the post which are quickly whipped off the doormat and straight down the shed.

Questions are being asked.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
rotflmao! you gotta make her a few pink items as peace offerings!
Oh dear Paracordist

I think my other half may be naming you in divorce proceedings. I keep looking at your stuff, then spend far too many hours down the shed working on them. Of course I get through quite a bit of 'cord, so there are frequent packages arriving in the post which are quickly whipped off the doormat and straight down the shed.

Questions are being asked.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
This is a version of the Steel Saints Lanyard, revised for a 1" steel ball insert (vs. the 1.5" ball). I've made this for the sensei of a martial arts academy in Texas, and I'm working on some non-adjustable versions for his students. The difference and size and weight between the 1" and 1.5" steel balls is substantial. Swinging the smaller ball just does not feel right, sort of like swinging a golf club with a low swing weight. As in golf club design, the feel can be adjusted to preference by adding weight to the club head, or reducing the weight of the shaft. Also, with the smaller monkeys fist, I don't want huge knots, throwing off the aesthetic balance of the piece. For these reasons, I've made the following refinements to the design of the Texas Saints Martial Arts Lanyard:

1. The braid is made thinner to reduce weight and wind resistance by incorporating the second color (black) as a gutted strand of paracord.
2. The manrope knot is done with two rather than three passes (also using the gutted paracord)

I hope to try this on a water jug pinata soon to see the difference.

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
This is the student version of what will officially be named the "TKMA Self Defense Lanyard". It has all the design details of the adjustable gold/black from a few posts ago, except it is not adjustable. These have been designed at the request of the general manager and lead instructor of the Texins Karate Martial Arts school (in Texas of course). I'm excited because they will become part of a weapons training course specific to this item! Students will have this version, and instructors will have the adjustable lanyard style versions. They will send me some videos of these being used in demos down the road, I can't wait.:cool:

028.jpg

Apr 18, 2012
N.E.Lincs
Can i just ask is it normal to have less strands on some of the sides of the monkeyfist .I have made a five pass monkeyfist but 2 sides going back from the working end are only 4 strands.Is this correct as i notice on your first pic that you have five strands on one face compared to six on the others ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE