paracord critique

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
He he, I could jump on it :D

It would be good to see how strong it actually is, in theory it would be stronger than the 550lb to allow the safety margin on the manufacturing etc.

Toddy also raises a good point on how much it catches, generally (except for when you want it to) the cord that slides through the leaf litter and around the trunk of a tree smoothly is much easier and nicer to use.

Womble_Lancs managed to tow Spikes 650cc Honda to the moot with some 550 a couple of years back.... I was impressed enough at that !!:eek:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Meanwhile, back to the topic!

Those with an interest in making useful items with Paracord (and/or making useful items with Kydex sheet) may want to look at this website:

http://paracordsecrets.com/

On the subject of the comment against the Moderator, I believe that the Mod' was 100% correct as their point was directed at the unwarranted religious statements put forward by those whom should take note that the Forum is called Bushcraft, NOT Biblecraft!

P

Paddyjoe

I've just recieved an order of 200ft of paracord from US based supplycaptian.com and can confirm that the american stuff is indeed miles better in quality. For one, the outer sheath is very closely-weaved and dosn't look like it will snag on thorns and rough tree bark and such. Where as the British made stuff is appallingly loosely-weaved and snags almost all the time. Also the US stuff has much thicker inner-cords while still able to keep a finer diameter than the british stuff. Lastly the US stuff is a lot more supple to work with. Highly, highly recommended.

KRF1963

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2007
York
Just looking at Ben's Backwood Ebay site and he is selling 90 foot lengths of 7 strand US spec 7 strand paracord at just over £8 delivered - is that a good price? Half of that price is shipping but if you buy more, price per length comes down a bit. You could get 4 lengths to be under the customs limit and it would work out at about £6.35 a length.

Link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MILITARY-7-ST...hash=item170132686650&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

I have used them before and they were good but I have no other association with them.

There is also a UK based seller selling UK spec 5 strand para cord in 50ft lengths but this works out no cheaper than the stuff from the States.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE