Paracord bracelet opinions please.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RichardIT

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Moon
Our dog has a paracord collar with a heavy duty 15mm clip. Its tough and suits a tough looking hound like him

56b91678-4e41-fd9a.jpg

56b91678-4e51-067c.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lovely dog! :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I made about 100 bracelets and 90 or so monkeys fists over one winter and the children in my family love them, especially when they found out I made them myself. As for their practical use, I have used them for a bootlace replacement and have had a (cheap) tarp line break on me once in high winds - the bracelet came in very handy for replacing said line. I think they're largely fashion, but in a situation where you suddenly need a length of strong cord, they're invaluable - especially to bushcrafters, outdoor workers and tradesmen (amngst many others). There are many applications when out foraging, or coming across motherloads of wild food or wood, willow or kit breakages etc etc... they also have many emergency applications too.
As the materials are relatively cheap to source for just one bracelet, I reckon they're a useful thing to have on ones person.

Don't you carry spare cord in your pack? Seems a shame to undo your hard work; could you not have just tied a knot in the broken line? Its what I've done in the past. They are pretty though and I admire the patience needed to make one.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
I wear one everyday. I make them, and sell them. Remember they will only be any good to someone if they can get it apart ! :lmao:

Here's a few I've made.......

DSCF3573.jpg
DSCF4551.jpg

DSCF4129.jpg
DSCF2558.jpg

DSCF2546.jpg

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Useful IMHO - can't beat having a bit of gucci string knocking about. My buckle is a whistle version - I was walking the dog in some woods a few months and came very close to turning my ankle in a rabbit hole. I didn't have my phone or EDC with me and it got me thinking about how I could summon help - whistle on my paracord bracelet never leaves my wrist now, unless I'm working with machinery.

Also a good 'combat indicator' of a fellow bushcrafter / EDCer etc!

Paracord is such a useful tool in your survival kit bag. You can use to tie down just about anything. But I have personally used paracord as shoe laces and I have also replaced the handle on my daughters band instrument case in the school colors. I love using paracord bracelet. I wear everyday when I go out. I make bracelets for friends and family members and also for my dog Caspar. It's a fun thing to play with.

relaybracelets.jpg

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Paracord is such a useful tool in your survival kit bag. You can use to tie down just about anything. But I have personally used paracord as shoe laces and I have also replaced the handle on my daughters band instrument case in the school colors. I love using paracord bracelet. I wear everyday when I go out. I make bracelets for friends and family members and also for my dog Caspar. It's a fun thing to play with.

relaybracelets.jpg

Now that is what i call Gucci string lol. Love the green with the stars and bars. Gotta get me a union jack one of those

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
They're handy and a great fun 'make' for folk- especially kids- who wander across me in the woods and show an interest. I made a load as birthday favours and they've been put to varying uses- I'm totally with yer man who suggests trying to make an equivalent length of natural cordage of a similar stength in a pressing situation. All you need is a broken shoelace on a long walk and the resultant blisters could put you into a bad place so while I hope I never need to unravel them, I'm glad the option is there, affectation or not :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE