Paracord - 1st go

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
A little more DIY-ing. I order some 550 US Military spec paracord - neo pink, orange and reflective black. Made a few lanyards up today and a survival bracelet.

6643135409_fbf4c460f4_z.jpg

6643136419_a610389f09_z.jpg

I used a crows knot throughout.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Paracord is all great fun and full of possibilities. The more you learn to do with it (and teach others) the more you'll love it. It only hits you when you find yourself placing another order for over 400ft... Been there too many times :p

Great to teach though. Sat making a bracelet by the fire on my scout group camp and by the end of the weekend had parents, leaders, beavers, cubs and scouts all making them and teaching each other (fortunately I took a lot of cord and many spare guy lines were scavenged!)

madgaz

Forager
Sep 21, 2011
Bradford, West Yorkshire
I find it quite addictive too. Only done a few bits up to press but just wish I had time to do more.
Here's one of my favourite pieces but I messed up a little on the top leg and turned it the wrong way. Didn't realise until it was too late :mad:
027e6ecb-357a-82e3.jpg

Its Olive Green and Coyote Brown but the pic doesn't show that too well.

Those are some nice pieces of work. I love the black and orange together. I made myself a belt with a detachable key fob in 2 colours (black and grey) and it worked quite well. I love the cross, I've not tried anything like that yet - I'll have to give it a go.

Over the Christmas holidays I helped my daughter make a zip pull for her "outdoors" coat. (sorry about the quality of the photos - camera phone)

paracordkeyfob1.jpg

paracordkeyfob2.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE