Parachute

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterW

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2004
Nottinghamshire
I've got 3 going spare - still as received from RAF stock. (Officially scrapped so not suitable as parachutes....!!! :yikes: )

They are Dark green, with 2 vents. About 25ft accross, and all rigging lines have been removed up to the last 6-8 inches.

They owe me about £20 each, plus postage at cost, or you can pick them up from Nottingham / Derby area.

Cheers

Peter

PS - Although not officially waterproof, we have used them successfully as a rain shelter for about 18-24 people.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I restarted this thread before the Great Crash, and I was after a canopy for around £30. I seem to remember that MBM was also after one, along with a few others. Has anyone got any idea where I can get hold of an olive green canopy?

Cheers
Spamel

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tony what size do these come in at? Is it likely that I will be able to get hold of a large white one? Big project in the offing and we need shelter for 7 folk working with the public making hurdle type panels; a kit roundhouse really that needs a roof. I've got a budget available for materials but I'd like to stretch it as much as possible.
Cheers,
Toddy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry, I didn't get the chance to see if they had any, there's a chance that I could get some to the bcuk meet up next month.

Sorry, no big white ones :( they would probably be the French ones, they're a good size but I doubt that you'd get seven hurdles being made under them....I'll keep you guys informed as to when I get some, I'll probably try and get 4 or so.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
I bought one the other day but I'm probably going to send it back, its got a couple of big ventilation panels in there which I don't really want and its turquoise and not olive, so a bit bright for my liking.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
surplus and adventure have them in stock for around £50 if your willing to risk their crappy service record! at least they couldnt send the wrong size parachute.. could they?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's the plan, there's people coming to the May meet up near Reading that can bring some with them. So, end of May. I'll try and get a good number of them. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE