Parachute Id

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
I have just got a parachute for a shelter, they are supposed to be 1 man chutes, but it seems a tad large (can barley lift it) it came with a label with the following description :

SC15 MK2 PARA ASSY - any idea what these are used for ? i.e chucking landrovers out the back of hercules or are army issue parachutes just very big & heavy?

Any info greatly recieved

Andrew

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
IIRC, the Irvin SC15 parachute is a low altitude cargo chute - As such it's got to deal with a lot of pretty big forces and strains. To cope with this it's got bags of reinforcements which you wouldn't normally deal with on a single man job - like the normal lightweight ones.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I have a chute for shelters etc it is not that heavy! I am sure mine is a one man job!

outdoorcode

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 14, 2005
Halton West Uk
www.outdoorcode.co.uk
someone borrwoed the company camera, so here's one from my mobile
Image029.jpg

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
That picture makes me think that it might be the same as the big one Tony has, the one that was used over the fire at last years summer moot.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE