para cord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sparks

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2005
hi can anyone tell me where i can get some good para cord from.
why i ask is i have just got a basher and i got some para cord from a local shop (£5 for 15m) to try it out. i left the basher up last night to see how it faired this morning two of the lines had pulled out the pegs i had used. the para cord had separated and the inner strands where sticking out in little loops.
so i asume this is not good cord :(

Sean13

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 24, 2005
south wales
i got some from an ebay supplier in the US, it's the proper stuff and only cost $7/8 for a 100 ft hank. i'll try and find a link!

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
i got some coming from these guys soon...i'll let you know if it any good (if it aint its going back) worse case i think it will be British issue 5 strand.
http://www.sasskit.co.uk/ Products/ military belt pouches essential contents/ paracord full reel

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Ok so it's not para cord and is more expensive but I have used climbers accessory cord in the past and it's so much stronger that its unbelievable :)

I have also used it as bootlaces for my workboots and the one pair of laces I currently use have outlasted six pairs of workboots.

Getting a bit worn now though :D

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
demographic said:
Ok so it's not para cord and is more expensive but I have used climbers accessory cord in the past and it's so much stronger that its unbelievable :)

I have also used it as bootlaces for my workboots and the one pair of laces I currently use have outlasted six pairs of workboots.

Getting a bit worn now though :D

So what is it and where do you (or can we) buy it?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
:D ;) ace shop needle sports, bought a fair bit of climbing kit from them, very pleased with the service.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
i received my roll of paracord from SASS kit and unfortunately it isn't the 550 milspec 7 or five strand inner i was hoping for so it's going back.

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
Just how strong do you need your cord to be.??? I use cord from a shop that sells venetian blinds etc.. etc, and is more than up to the job of tarps, bashas and such although I haven't tried to tow the Landy with it yet. It's available in different thicknesses/strengths and costs buttons in comparison... Works for me!!

OhCanada

Forager
Feb 26, 2005
Eastern Canada
I love 550 cord for my kits because with the the 7 strand 20' is 160' of cord to be used for shelter construction, fishing, sewing, etc. 20' of regular cord is just that. (To get full use of this 160' you need to know your knots or you will just have a bunch of 20' strands)

I also like to have precut lengths for my backpacking needs. Several lengths like 2' 5' 10' etc saves me from cutting up cord into odd lengths. This way my cord is re-usable many times as para-cord around here is hard to get (mail order only) and somewhat expensive.

For more odd jobs that need some cord I also use cheap nylon twine.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE