Para Cord

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cael Nu Mara

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 8, 2008
Highlands
Dont know if this is in the right place, but its to do with a blade so here goes :)

Where would one buy para cord like this

DSC02584.jpg

(Sorry for ripping off a Rapid boy Pic)

I have found these people

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...tor-gsa-compliant---neon-orange-50-1177-p.asp

but wonder whether this will be the thicker sort of cord. If you know anyone else please post it up.

Thanking you

Sam

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not the cheapest, but the greatest range and you can get exactly what you want to whatever measurement.

http://www.fivestarcord.co.uk/

Happy client . No association etc.

The 1st link you posted is the genuine 550 7 strand cord , the same as the above addy.

HTH

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
I bought a few hundred meters of genuine US army 7 strand 550 cord before the stuff was being sold in the UK and I wouldn't buy anything else!

I've used it for strapping heavy kit on to the outside of my ALICE pack, prussick rope ascending, a rope swing for my little cousins and everything in between! I trust the stuff with my life - you can't get more reliable than that!

LM J

Nomad
Nov 26, 2008
Cumbria
There is also a couple of different types. I like 250 to make lanyards. 550 seems a bit too thick

Amon, where do you get your 250 lb stuff from? 250 kilo's the equivalent of 550 lbs, so an engine search gets pretty confusing. Cheers!

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Dont know if this is in the right place, but its to do with a blade so here goes :)

Where would one buy para cord like this

DSC02584.jpg

(Sorry for ripping off a Rapid boy Pic)

I have found these people

http://www.thebushcraftstore.co.uk/...tor-gsa-compliant---neon-orange-50-1177-p.asp

but wonder whether this will be the thicker sort of cord. If you know anyone else please post it up.

Thanking you

Sam

Thanks for the link I just ordered 100 ft.
Also if you are use the site again you can have a 5% discount by using the code yell.com

On another note. The other link to five star cord, Avast anti virus stopped a virus trojan. No big deal.

Thanks again.

Amon81

Nomad
Mar 9, 2009
Birmingham
Amon, where do you get your 250 lb stuff from? 250 kilo's the equivalent of 550 lbs, so an engine search gets pretty confusing. Cheers!

Thats a good quiestion, I last bought about 100m about 10 years ago and have about 50cm left.

If memory serves it was Stringtown Supplies, they are a bit expencive but have a good range. I got was a Snugpack sleeper sleeping bag for about £50-60 in about March and its a great bit of kit, even more so this time of year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE