Paper Shotgun Cartridges

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 15, 2006
Nil
Anyone out there collect the old fashioned paper tubed shotgun cartridges?

I've picked up three of them, all 12 bore, two marked Jeffrey's of Guildford and one marked Egham Gun Centre. All in good condition, inert having been fired, with the crimped ends folded down again. I tried to list them on Ebay as collector's items, but the ebay police pulled the listing.

I know nothing about them, but as Jeffrey's ceased trading a good 10 years ago, they must be fairly collectable.

Free to anyone who wants them as it seems a shame to bin them! I can email pictures if you like.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
I tried to list them on Ebay as collector's items, but the ebay police pulled the listing.

What possible harm is there in a few empty cases :confused: :confused: :confused:
Your going to need new primer caps, powder, wad's and shot not to mention the reloading machinery to make new rounds, and cases are easy to come by legally. When we were kids we got hundred's of cases from clay shoots with no bother (has that changed now-does possesion of an empty case make you a potential criminal???)
Ebay should look at those silly "samuria sword's" and "fantasy axe's" and consider pulling them they are potentially far more dangerous than an empty cartidge case :rolleyes:
At one time I had hundred's of different types on a shelf in my room, english german polish italian etc I inherited a 9mm garden gun off my grandad to kill rats squirell's etc. When you fired it the paper part of the shell would emerge as a cloud of dust, just the copper rim would be left in the breech:lmao:

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
No offense surrey yoeman, but if your want to quote me then please do it acurately dont change the wording and then make out that your altered version was was what I originaly posted :rolleyes:

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
No offense surrey yoeman, but if your want to quote me then please do it acurately dont change the wording and then make out that your altered version was was what I originaly posted :rolleyes:

A thousand apologies Mr D. No offence intended, just a feeble attempt at humour. I shall take myself outside and beat myself over the head with a wet lettuce!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE