Panel Wipe

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Is panel wipe also suitable for Coleman lanterns as petrol clogs the generator after a while
and as you say Coleman fuel is a fortune .

Fine in the lanterns too. Another alternative is this

http://www.aaoil.co.uk/environment-Aspen-4T-alkylate-petrol

Aspen 4T four stroke pure petrol and you can order direct online for home delivery. This fuel is a new one for me, still working my way through my first 5 litres, it works very well indeed

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks folks, some excellent gen there. I do believe I'll try some some of that Aspen 4T as there is a stockist in Bury and herself can pick me some up on the way home.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Just on the way back from Bury with a gallon jug ( 5 litres anyway) of Aspen 4T and I must say that even before I use it I'm impressed with it.

The lawn mower place I got it from (it's listed on the Aspen web site, I forget the name, A S H?) was very friendly and charged me £13 for the can. The guy behind the counters first words to me were "You want it for camping, don't you", which took me aback as I don't actually look that lazy that I don't do any gardening or so rugged that I spend all my time out in the bush. He went on to explain I was buying the first lot off him since Aspens rep had persueded him to stock it recently and they had warned him it was being used in stoves and lanterns.

Anyway, it comes in 1 (not listed by them but the guy said he could do it in single litres), 5and 25 cans and 200 litre barrels, the cans are made from a very tough specially selected polyethlyne which can be recycled, the fuel itself doesn't break down like normal unleaded and can be stored for much longer which is a big plus for myself as I'm usually too lazy to empty the tank after use. The guy gave me the product leaflet and as a laymen I'm impressed how little other crap is in the stuff. It's 95 Octane has at the most a fith of the sulphur, a hundreth of the benzene and no cracked components, what ever they are.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating of course, I just need to use up the stuff already in the tank first but now I've a relatively cheap source of fuel I will be more inclined to use the Nova so that shouldn't be long.

ATB

Tom

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You won't be disappointed with the performance:) The company is well aware of its camping use as several of us stovies have been in touch with them. They are trying to get it stocked in camping shops which would be a big help to some I'm sure

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
sorry but i have to ask, but is white spirit as good/ worse or what compared to panel wipe? asking because i cant find wipe at halfords web page but they do have 2L white spirit at 3.49 and just want to know how they compare, please?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
sorry but i have to ask, but is white spirit as good/ worse or what compared to panel wipe? asking because i cant find wipe at halfords web page but they do have 2L white spirit at 3.49 and just want to know how they compare, please?

Don't use white spirit. look for a small, local auto spares shop, not Halfords, they should stock or be able to get, panel wipe

N

Nitro

Around these parts carlac is popular, selling paint and body shop consumables to the trade.
Also if you go to any motor factors they will be able to get it for you

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Sorry to resurrect an old thread (it saves starting a new one). I was walking by a motorist shop to day and the subject of panel wipe popped into my head. As I am now the proud owner of two petrol stoves and a petrol lantern (Coleman and SVEA) I thought I should at least inquire about the stuff before buying a gallon of unleaded petrol to run them off. The staff were hopeless panel wipe does not exist and they insisted that I must mean pain thinner. They waved a can of what I think was cellulose based stuff at me and basically said that was the stuff I wanted and that will be £15.00 for the can. The word Naptha was on the tip of my tongue but could not be found at the time but I could see that this was not the stuff required so left the shop. If I have time tomorrow I might have a bit of a ring around to see if I can find a stockist but it is not as straightforward as I thought it might be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE