Palm size

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shelley

Forager
May 27, 2015
New Zealand
Another thread got me musing about hand and handle size, so I thought I would do a little survey sort of query about hands and handles.

First what is the size (width I surmise) of your hand when holding a knife, I grabbed a ruller and measured from the highest bit when gripping to the lowest point, result was 95 mm, now my preferred handle size is about 110 mm, I find too much more and I am just paying for, and carrying around, real estate that I don't need.

What about the rest of you, the more the merrier!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Not sure about the measurement, I don't have a fixed blade knife with me as I'm on the road through various legal jurisdictions where I'm not really wanting to justify my knife in another language. But I know from trying to design a knife that I tend to like a 120mm long handle to have enough handle to use properly. I do know I have small girly hands tho...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE