p38 or p51

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I have a P51 and its OK.
Never tried the P38 so can't comment but for me the P51 opens cans well enough considering its size.
Can't say I use it often though.
P-51-38.jpg

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Fair comment, is that a problem in West Riding? Place must be tougher than I thought.

Its when I leave the riding. The cans in the shops seem very weary of folk with Swiss army knives on there hips :lmao:

Seriously though, its good practice to skin, gut a squirrel with one and spoon carving is only for the disciplined lol (not me :D) but it can be done :what:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Are they good for multiple use or do you have to chuck them once they've been used? My cheap placcy one died a few weeks ago so need another one for my wannigan.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
The better made ones are sound for multiple use. Mine is 23yr old and I don't know the age of the Swedish one. Wouldn't like to guesstimate how many times they've been used though? And how many different uses they've been challenged to?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE