Overseas- kauai, Hawaii

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
So last night after a few glasses of wine for courage I booked flights for me and my wife to Honolulu.

We went a few years ago for our honeymoon and visited oahu, Hawaii (big island) and Maui but this time (for my 30th) we're planning on heading to Kauai.

This is the island where jurassic park and Lost were filmed and there's not a lot to do on the island except surf and hike. Camping seems pretty easy but you need a permit for a few dollars for some locations.

Question is... what to take? Only likely to do one or 2 nights. I love the idea of finding a beach to sleep on. I'm a hammock man so maybe that would be best but a lightweight tent could work too !

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Hi
Not sure if hes still on here but there is a member from hawaii hed certainly be able to help.
His name is jim not sure of his username though

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
Thanks i'll have a look but if Jim could make himself known or anyone knows his username that would be great.

current plan is to complete the Na Pali coastal walk - 11 miles of cliffs and waterfalls and finishing on a beach only accessible by hike (no boats allowed except in summer.

looks to be a pretty tough walk but thinking of going with

2x DD frontline and 1 tarp
a proper fire could be difficult so i might take a little gas stove and some dehydrated rat packs.
ill take a line and hooks (ill check to see if its allowed first) and a smallish knife.
A sawyer mini water filter
water and snacks
summer sleeping bag as nights can get chilly.
Don't know about footwear - i love my walking boots in the UK but my feet might sweat into prunes in the heat/humidity

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
PM sent to hanzo. Thanks guys.

I have since seen that some sections may be more than a little dangerous. Google 'kalalau crawlers ledge' or youtube it if you really want to feel dizzy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE