Overnighter in the Cairngorms

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I know it's short notice, but I am planning to nip up to the Cairngorms next Saturday, just for the one night, to try out my new tent and DownMat 7 dlx. I am hoping to get some photography done on the Sat too. I may or may not be joined by a couple of my workmates too depending on their shifts.

If anyone wishes to join me, it would be great to finally put faces to names.

There is a bothy near to where I plan camping if the weather turns really foul, or for those who don't want to brave the elements.

If anyone needs a lift from / back to the Aberdeenshire area, give me a PM and will see what I can do.

ATB

KP

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
another time perhaps, i read this and thought oh yes thats for me, but just remembered that i have to go down to hereford for the BCUK arctic exped briefing this weekend, if you plan any in the future, give me a shout, as i fancy a overnighter up there, only been there once for a navigation course at Glenmore lodge and it was a stunning area.

All the best and enjoy your trip,

Col.....

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Colin18- will do. Try and get up there as often as possible but been a bit slack lately.

Gsfgas- well I normally camp near Bob scotts bothy but thought I might head round the corner a wee bit, past the mountain rescue hut...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE