Overnight in the woods , Camp , Cooking , Chair and Fun

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
63b3f28dabf3845d6b31e415044702c8.png
9ff50edaa65e1421cfc5b12eb75bdbef.png

Here's the random grandpa I wa talking about 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
Good advice Jaeger

though when we where setting up it had to be as low profile as possible and positioned tactically not for the optimum comfort.

In my day we had no ground mats either,it was a 58 bag straight onto the ground [waterproof based].
incidentally Swedish soldiers rated the 58 bag very highly and would swap almost anything to get one.

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
i enjoyed your video my friend. it will be a few weeks before i can get back into the forest properly but im already planning it. i think i will over night to. thanks for taking the time to put the video together.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
i enjoyed your video my friend. it will be a few weeks before i can get back into the forest properly but im already planning it. i think i will over night to. thanks for taking the time to put the video together.

Thank you very much for watching Cal ! I was not able to go out for a month because of this exams but after I finished it I went straight for an overnight :)

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Gcckoka - I take your point pal but if I was concerned about approach to my site I would want to be aware of it coming as soon as possible. The tarp edge raised fist height around the sides would be negligible when the overall height at the front end is so high.

Johnnythefox - same school as me initially then, for straight forward (tactical) laying-up I almost totally agree with you - so long as the ridge line is not set horizontal but sloping - horizontal lines in nature and all that.

The image shown was a demo for an obs basher set-up, (still to be correctly sited and cam'd up) where obs/imagery equipment was to be used and no internal disturbance of external cam should occur.:)

I've still got a '58 bag - can't see why the Scandis wanted them, the only one that I got anywhere near to warm in one was the arctic version!

Basher(iii).jpg Basher(ii).jpg

breff

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2016
Lancaster
GccKoka.

I was watching the youtube channel earlier. Good video, I would love to be somewhere out in the woods but I am still only looking at the pictures and threads on here. Actually \Doing Stuff scares the Hell out of me.
I'm 55 in Late January so I might plan an overnighter for then.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
GccKoka.

I was watching the youtube channel earlier. Good video, I would love to be somewhere out in the woods but I am still only looking at the pictures and threads on here. Actually \Doing Stuff scares the Hell out of me.
I'm 55 in Late January so I might plan an overnighter for then.

That is why the meet ups you see in various areas of the country are so good... you can join like minded people and share a brew around a fire. You're in the woods, you can test your kit and get used to those noises in the night, settle your morning routine and with the help and advice of sometimes a dozen other people.

From Lancaster you have so many places you could visit and join in... a few hours north and you have the Scottish meets, an hour or two south, the Birmingham meets... they are all over the place... a few in Manchester, Yorkshire... just have to jump in and have a go.

breff

Tenderfoot
Sep 16, 2016
Lancaster
I keep thinking that there must be places within a 15 mile radius of Lancaster, land of Not the Yorkshire:(!, that I could scout out for a day trip and try a few ideas out. I'm only 10 miles from the Arnside Peninsular, the Trough of Bowland, Farlton fell and they are all in safe range for if I need to call International Rescue out.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Not to hijack the thread, but you have Gibraltar Farm on your doorstep in Silverdale... they have a dedicated woodland for campers, and whilst in season they ask for a minimum of £140 per night for use of the woodland (its meant for private groups to hire)... surely in winter they might be open to negotiation? Might be worth an ask as its an organised campsite but with the benefit of having the woodland. Only downside, no open fires... but nothing stopping you taking a log burning stove or attempting to negotiate a sort of meet up for us northerners who do have to drive a fair way to get our woodland fix :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE