over nighting - help I need some advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nenook

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 24, 2010
stafford
I haftoo say that a fleece liner is the dogs danglers they add so much comfort and for around £ 20.00 they are great and hardly weigh anything, I am not of the xl dept but have changed my hammock "webbing" for dynemma climbing slings they look like they wouldent hold a runner bean plant up but they are designed to take a factor 1 fall , my hammock is a trek mates 1 , but they also do a double maybe you could look at that, as already stated make sure you insulate yourself as a cold spot is not a good day//or night out.
keep practising until it becomes second nature.

regards

Nenook

Andy W

Forager
Nov 22, 2010
Perthshire Scotland
Thanks all for the great advice - I have just managed to get a second hand arctic army bag on Ebay, I will let you know how I get on.

Well folks the artic bag arrived today - a great bit of kit, big enough for a large chap and all in very good order.

I have managed to get it washed and out on the line tonight - got a good deal on the bay.

for those who warned that it would be bulky, your not jokeing, I will manage to get a stuff sack which shoulod help a bit.

Thanks for all the good advice.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
hey Andy good news, i found that yes bulkey and harder to store in the compression sack in your bergan, what i do is put the bag inside the bivvi bag ready to go, pack my bergan as normal then suff the whole lot in the top press it down, tighten the draw cord and seal the top flap.......job done.........

if you need to get your bag out its ready to go and waterproof, just in case.............

hope that helps a bit......

chris........................

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
I'll second Nenook on the fleece liner, turns my 3 season into a 4 season and also works as a great sleeper in the middle of summer on its own ;)
i'm a ground dweller myself because i honstly wouldn't trust a hammock plus i like to sleep on my front.
the arctic bag should keep you warm but remember insulation from the ground which will steal alot of heat from you, last jan i was on a course and although my bag was warm the heat was being leached out through my legs as i only had a 3/4 length sleep mat. now i have a full length and when inflated its comfy and the air forms an insulating layer against the ground.
Pete

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE