Over night beach bivi.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Being as it was a great night last night,full moon, not a cloud in the sky,i thought id get out for a overnight.All i took was my gore bivi with my snugpak bag and fleece liner,a alpkit matt, and my brew kit, id eaten my dinner before i left and would have brekie when i got back so its all i needed.
Please excuse pic quality my old camera finally died on the trip but before it did it left the pics with a greenish tinge and a bit blurry.

First pic a bridge over a stream i had to cross,

beachatnite024.jpg

Once at location this is a small stream that runs to sea.

beachatnite008.jpg

the swell's out to sea where huge, but my poop camera just could'nt take a pic that far in the dark so i was just left with this,
the sea foam just rushing round the rocks on the shore,

beachatnite010.jpg

i gathered up some dry wood at the high tide mark(there was lots of it) and got a fire going, and just sat on a rather comfy chair shaped rock for a while chilling out and having a cup of hot chocolate.

beachatnite021.jpg

beachatnite015.jpg

then i went for a walk around some of the large exposed rock pools as it was now low tide,

beachatnite025.jpg

and it was at this point the camera died, probably from the cold as it indicated no battery life even though they where fresh in when i left the house.

my sleeping area was the dunes at the back of the beach well away from the high tide mark, have to admit it was colder than id thought so i slept in my clothes minus my jacketand trousers,and was quite snug,there was a frost this morning and walking back along the beach even the sand had frozen abit.
Im hoping to get out again next week if the weather is as good

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
Good post, looks like you had a good night, I love those spontaneous trips out where you just grab your kit and go.

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
Hi Andy, you sure can't beat a night out under the stars.

My Aunt and Uncle and sister used to live in Coldingham. Nice walks around there.

It's one of my favourite parts of the country.

atb

Liam

gsfgaz

Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Brilliant m8 , that's the way to do it . just get out there and enjoy urself , u r very lucky u stay that close to the sea , i'd be well for that ...

rancid badger

Brilliant!

I should do something similar myself, I've nearly a 1000 acres of mixed woodland right on the doorstep, that I have full access to, at the drop of a hat and never bother:dunno:

The idea of camping on the seashore up your way, appeals mind. I could fancy a bit of foraging and fishing, while the beautiful flames, you get from seashore driftwood, are something else!

Top marks Andy:)

best wishes

R.B.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Andy, I like the lightweight grab it and go approach.

We were probably staring at the same moon last night then mate :)

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
Nice trip Andy.
Pity about your box brownie, although you did know it's time was due ...

I was stood around the campfire at Bowley (thankyou SimonM) last night and was blessed with the pleasure of watching a cheese coloured full moon rising over Pendle Hill.
Witches, witchcraft and murder. It doesn't get much better than that ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE