Outdoor hot drinks , Whats your tipple ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Whilst sat around camp definitely a nice cup of tea. When I'm out in the mountains or canoeing / kayaking though there is nothing better than hot blackcurrant.

PhotoGirl

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2010
Lancashire, UK
Whilst sat around camp definitely a nice cup of tea. When I'm out in the mountains or canoeing / kayaking though there is nothing better than hot blackcurrant.

I do agree, though i also like hot lemon too. When i was little my mum used to make me hot Ribena or vimto.

Beardy

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 28, 2010
UK

If you know any Norgies who can send some over then this stuff is pretty good - at least I found it warming and tasty but without filling you up like 50x cups of tea a day would, you don't have to wait for it to infuse like a teabag and if it gets cold it's still good, and you don't need to carry separate sugar or milk either. I guess our closest thing would be hot blackcurrant squash.

Friea also make a few different types of really good hot chocolate in individual sachets, just steer clear of the 'blabaertoddy' by Toro (blueberries) - bleurgh!

I do like how the word 'toddy' has crossed the North Sea into their vocabulary too, but this is the whiskey-not-included type!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Has anyone tried Pu-erh tea?

images

You buy it in pressed, dried cakes or bricks. The Chinese use it as currency in some parts. The older it gets, the better it tastes apparently. Supposed to be very good for you and "tastes like the forest".

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Never tried pine needle tea or heard of it til now. Mint tea I've tried but not like described here, it was regular tea infused with mint. Favorite hot drinks in order are coffee, hot chocolate then tea (order sometimes changes with mood) Favorite wild tea (only one familiar with actually) is Sasafrass Tea. Technically it's not really a tea I supose as it's brewed from the roots rather than the leaves. It's a southern thing.I might add that I like my hot chocolate Mayan style; with a bit of cayenne. I had forgotten to mention that until I saw another poster mentioning it with his oxo.

Last edited:

garethw

Settler
Actually made some pine needle tea last week and found it very refreshing.. I expected to chuck it away after the first taste, but was surprised to say I actually liked it... Will definitely be doing it more often from now on...A nice chage from regular tea or my usual filter coffee.
cheers
Gareth

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
One of three things for me:-

Green tea.
Oxo with cayenne pepper for added warming kick!
Miso soup.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Has anyone tried Pu-erh tea?

I've been drinking Pu'er - from these people, in teabags - for a while. Started on a trip to Beijing a while back and then found some here in the supermarket although they don't always have it in. I really like it. 1 tea bag can keep going for several cups and as the tea gets lighter the flavour changes but is just as nice weak from the last cup as it is strong from the first. I don't know if the bags are the real deal, but the flavour is certainly quite woody and very different. Chris

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE