Outdoor hot drinks , Whats your tipple ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
Never had any wild hot drinks before but I am curious to try pine needle tea just wouldn't know what species to use for it.

But my favored drinks in order are COFFEE drink of the gods sugar and cream please same with my tea and good old hot chcolate also love Ramen noddle if y'all get them across the pond and various other hot soups. Now one thing I have had to drink some might find odd but it's really good is having jello skip the usual steps just add boiling water and drink good and warming.

for myself it is normally instant tea either from ration packs or typhoo instant.
occassionally hot chocolate or whittards of chelsea instant flavoured teas-the mulled wine one is a personal favourite as it tastes pretty good if it goes a little cold.

something i always remember when looking into wild teas/foods etc is the tale i was told on my woodlore fundamental course of the student who misidentified yew needles for pine needles. A harrowing drive to the hospital with an instructor bag breathing for the student saved the students life. it really impressed upon me how vital positive ID rather than a yeah pretty sure attitude can be with wild plants.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Hmmm, sorry, I'm not having much luck putting up a link for you. Can you google Labrador Tea? Wikipedia has a great description.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The Twinings Cherry and Cinnamon tea is quite nice, it's the only flavoured tea I've ever tried but it's really good. If you make up a large one before bedtime then you can have a nice refreshing drink for when you wake up.

PhotoGirl

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2010
Lancashire, UK
Tea, Hot chocolate & Coffee. I tend to be a bit funny about coffee, I had a coffee shop for a good 10 years so it makes you a little fussy when it comes to coffee.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Pretty much the same as at home:

Hot Lava Java for coffee,

English Breakfast for tea,

instant Ovaltine before bed.
emoticon-00113-sleepy.gif

garethw

Settler
Never tried pine tea, but when camping I have a pot of coffee when I get up the during the day its tea, usually Earl Grey. Finally in the evening its a beer or two and bottle of Bordeaux with dinner.. (linving in France obilge).
cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE