Outdoor Education

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dear All. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I'm not sure if this complies with the rules of this forum, so feel free to inform me, the purpose of this is to make people aware of the state of the current outdoor industry. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Many Local Education Authority Outdoor Education Centres are under threat – and many that have been in operation for over 40 years providing high quality outdoor learning. Only a few weeks ago another one closed down denying children and young people access to high quality Outdoor Education. And many more I know are under serious threat. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]A number of outdoor based professional bodies have joined forces and today have launched a petition campaign to get the government to debate Outdoor Education centre closures. This petition needs at least 10,000 signatures to pursue this. More details below – email link: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/26661[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][FONT='Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I [/FONT]wouldn't[FONT='Segoe UI', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] normally forward out things like this – but more closures will seriously impact on the future of Outdoor Education.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]And if it wasn’t for an LEA Outdoor Education Centre I probably wouldn't be sat at my desk at LJMU today![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Many thanks for any support,[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Best wishes

Ste Carey
[/FONT][/FONT]

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
sorry for the very strange coding that is in black, the forth is supposed to say: I wouldn't normally forward out things like this – but more closures will seriously impact on the future of Outdoor Education.

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
How is LJMU these days?
I had a brilliant time when I was there studying Science and Outdoor Education.
Is Dave Hardy still about or has he retired?

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
How is LJMU these days?
I had a brilliant time when I was there studying Science and Outdoor Education.
Is Dave Hardy still about or has he retired?

He's retired, although i had him for 2 lectures last semester. I'm really enjoying it, just came back from the first week of mountain leader training.

What year was you there? Tim Stott is there, did you know him?

Ste

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I was there from 1996-00

Tim was there, introduced us to number of 'interesting' fauna when we were doing the caving. Brilliant guys, had a real laugh...he's quite funny when he's had a few drinks in him.

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
I was there from 1996-00

Tim was there, introduced us to number of 'interesting' fauna when we were doing the caving. Brilliant guys, had a real laugh...he's quite funny when he's had a few drinks in him.

Tim is great, so laid back but so open and very helpful. He was very keen with his mushrooms over autumn.

Ste

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE