Outage - Feb 3rd 2005

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Hi all!

Just thought I'd make a quick announcement because I've been fielding a lot of PMs and emails about the outage we experienced last night.

The outage was caused by the load on the server that bcUK is hosted on hitting +80% load (normal load in the region of 1 - 4%) and the plug was pulled to prevent this causing problems. Preliminary investigations lead us to believe that this was caused by a flood of search engine bots hitting the site and possibly causing a script to loop out of control.

No data was lost and no user accounts were affected. All services should be back up and running now and you should see little to no difference.

We have taken steps to hopefully make this issue a thing of the past.

Enjoy! :biggthump

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
hootchi said:
Me too :rolmao: What is a spider? :?:

Thanks all :super:
:spider: Spiders are the programs search engines use to 'crawl' around the Internet. They send everything they find back to the search engine, which uses a lot of the computer's resources, there's usually one or two on at any time but sometimes they descend in droves! Slows everything down for ALL the websites on that computer (not just us!) and generally spoils our fun! :?: :rant:

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
maybe we should hire this guy to scare them off....
Gerry%20w%20spider%201.JPG

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
bambodoggy said:
Sounds like you need to invent a cyber spider eating bird type thingy! :rolmao: I'm so not technical is unreal!!!!
:rolmao: :biggthump

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
tomtom said:
maybe we should hire this guy to scare them off....
Gerry%20w%20spider%201.JPG
He'll do! Just what we were looking for. Gimme his address and he can be Admin!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE