Out on a Wander

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Got out yesterday on a little wander around the local hill to see what was about,

View from the Quarry
View attachment 3453
A few locals
View attachment 3463
In the sticks
015.jpg
Nice abundance of rose hips
002.jpg
Loads of blackberries still about here
004.jpg
Sloes on the way
007.jpg
Found a Spindle tree, nice looking berries,but not to be eaten,highly toxic.
008.jpg
Plenty of Rowan trees about
012.jpg
We need some rain around here the pond is getting very dried up
016.jpg
A few yellow stainers,also not to be eaten
034.jpg
A shaggy Parasol starting to go over
059.jpg
Managed to find a few Sweet Chesnuts, i was looking for hazelnuts but the Squirrels have beaten me to them
050.jpg
Well i had to stop for a brew on the way down,it would have been rude not to
054.jpg

Nothing spectacular, but it got me out of the house.Thanks for looking.
Darren

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Darren, some of the best days are just exploring your local area with a different view on what's going on around.

Nice piccies goodjob

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Really nice photos Darren, lots of edibles going on still. I love to just wonder around our local woods too. Our Blackberries are done for the year, yours are still looking good. I like the MOD, I'd like to find a good price on an older used one in decent shape.

Thanks Mistwalker, i have had that MOD knife for over 20yrs and its still good. Blackberries still going here,i had some with apple in a crumble yesterday,delicious.
Darren

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Aha, so it's a Spindle Tree!
I saw one of those about 3 years ago and wondered what the hell it was, but never bothered looking it up. Just seeing those berries reminded me.
Cheers for that.

Beardy Adam

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
Great pictures. Pictures needn't be spectacular to be interesting I think, I love seeing pictures of when people just pack a daysack and go for a wander. Plus I learned the names of a new plant and tree thanks to you. :D

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Great phots show you everything you could possibly want for id purposes for this time of the year.

lucky you getting out, this weekend was mainly in bed with flu/cold but got to get sorted for next weekend got a meet on :)

Will be taking some rose-hip syrup to help me out :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE