Out on a bit of a bimble

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Hello, i went out on a bit of a bimble today around a local hill, took a few pics,had a brew and enjoyed the fresh air.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    59.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 70

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i love the fisrt pic, it reminds me of old battle formations where the two opposing armies would line up opposite each other and shout a bit before charging. the war of the forest, coniferous versus deciduous. the softys may have sharp pointy things but the hardys are just made of tougher stuff ;)

TJ

PS. i know i know, its late and im tired, my mind is acting weird.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Thats ok TJ, yes Johnathon is right,seconds after i took the last picture the slow worm crapped in my hand,how nice, but i made sure i put him back where i found him.
Darren

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Thats ok TJ, yes Johnathon is right,seconds after i took the last picture the slow worm crapped in my hand,how nice, but i made sure i put him back where i found him.
Darren

Hehehe, they always crap on me without fail, as do Grass snakes. Grass snakes absolutely honk though, Slow-worms I don't mind. That's a great place you have there Darren.

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Thanks JonathanD, i would have had a go at finding some grass snakes,but as the mud was about a foot deep at the banks and i was wearing dessie boots, im afraid i took a u turn, maybe next time i will wear something more in tune .

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
TJ: heh, heh. thats funny. A little anthropomorphicisation (SP) never hurt anyone. I like to the look of the pond, there could be all sorts in there.

i love the fisrt pic, it reminds me of old battle formations where the two opposing armies would line up opposite each other and shout a bit before charging. the war of the forest, coniferous versus deciduous. the softys may have sharp pointy things but the hardys are just made of tougher stuff ;)

TJ

PS. i know i know, its late and im tired, my mind is acting weird.

Heh heh - Brilliant...! Good smiley stuff..........hc

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
that honking stuff from the grass snakes is a defence thing, they only do it if they are threatened.

That has something to do with the six foot two herpetologist that jumps on them with shouts of glee. A few colleagues get the ones that play dead, me I always get the skunkers. You do get used to it and actually like teh smell after a while. Theres been many times that I've found grass snakes by following that smell. I once found one half stuck in a Longworth trap some local consultant had put down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE