Out n About Loch Eck - [V. Photo Heavy]

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Over the Easter weekend I managed to get out a bit, and went for a wee wander along Loch Eck, starting at Glenbranter and going down. It's not the most glamorous of walks, and lacks a little in the way of variety but it was enjoyable none the less. Most of it is FC woods and forest, as it is part of the Loch Lomand and Trossacks National Park. The Loch itself is the coutries only loch to have Sea Salmon, Artic Char, Sea Trout and Powan. Due to the Powan, it has SSSI status too, although unfortunately that didn't stop a local developer ripping out masses of sandbanks where the Powan lay they spawn. Not thing was done about it either, despite the masses of complaints.. I wonder how much it cost to grease the wheels of authority on that one.

Anyway, here's a small selection of the photos:

Over looking Loch Eck:
locheckview.jpg

Another view :
lockechview2.jpg

Yours truly, with a bit of rain heading in from the south:
meonbeach2.jpg

meonbeach.jpg

A view from the beach:
view2.jpg

A rock outcrop, unfortunately you can't really see the scale well in the photo:
rocks.jpg

Tadpole's are out in force now:
tadpoles.jpg

An interesting tree:
tree.jpg

I do love water and rocks, there is something about the sound of the water as it cascades over the rocks that soothes the soul:
smallwaterfall.jpg

water2.jpg

water3.jpg

water4.jpg

water5.jpg

water.jpg

waterfall2.jpg

waterfall3.jpg

waterfall.jpg

Just a few of the pictures I took with my phone, so let me apologise for the quality of them. :( Anyway hope you like them as much as liked being there.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Really cool :D

Sometimes I really do wonder how some numpties get away with things:(

I know what you mean about the water over rocks :) the Falls of Clyde are the nearest ones to me and the linns are spectacular to stand beside when the water is thundering down.

Thanks for posting :D

cheers,
M

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Great photos. Must get round to getting a proper hat. My Rush baseball cap isn't very bushy..

Heh, I don't really like wearing baseball style hats, thats the reason I don't wear 'em. Wouldn't worry about a 'bushy' style o thing, wear what you find comfortable. I generally wear that hat most times I'm out, and I think I need a hat of course. To me it's not just a thing to wear when out n about hills etc, but also town. Keeps sun off my eyes better than anything else! :D Surprisingly not too many odd comments from school kids either.. :p

Therw wasn't as many pics on my phone as I thought I took unfortunately. I must try and get a decent camera for my bimbles out, the phone camera just doesn't cut the mustard, as it doesn't grab enough detail or colour depth. Don't fancy draging my camcorder around with me even though it's miles better.. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE