Out and about

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi guys,
Just thought I would post up to see what everyone is up to this weekend!!

Looks like great weather to be out and about.

Was planning to be out myself with teepee to wales but have had a massive setback that no body would wish for but you never know may still happen.

So what's everyone up to?

Cheers
Steve

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Im at home this weekend getting some brownie points in but ill be out the weekend after and will be taking my daughter to her first meet.

ill be out with the dog and family for good long walks in the sun on Saturday though for definite.

Hope your weekend comes off and everything is ok

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
decorating the bathroom and/or kitchen, if i can stand the excitement that is :(

cheers

stuart

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Im at home this weekend getting some brownie points in but ill be out the weekend after and will be taking my daughter to her first meet.

ill be out with the dog and family for good long walks in the sun on Saturday though for definite.

Hope your weekend comes off and everything is ok

Sounds good Paul, can I ask, how old is your daughter?
My 9 year old daughter loves the outdoors and I have been thinking for a while about taking her to a meet.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No Wales, sorry to hear that bud

I've got to take the cat to the vets on Saturday a.m but might try and sneak off afterwards for an overnighter if I can.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Sounds good Paul, can I ask, how old is your daughter?
My 9 year old daughter loves the outdoors and I have been thinking for a while about taking her to a meet.

She's nearly 7 mate going on 20 lol. shes been camping with me to 'normal' camp sites before but this will be her first time in the woods. The secret is keeping them entertained but hopefully there will be a few other kids there and they will look after eachother.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
She's nearly 7 mate going on 20 lol. shes been camping with me to 'normal' camp sites before but this will be her first time in the woods. The secret is keeping them entertained but hopefully there will be a few other kids there and they will look after eachother.

Ah yes, I no the going on 20 feeling!! My 2, 6 and 9 year old girls are exactly the same!! lol, The 15 year old however appears to be going backwards lol!!!
Is it Rough close next week mate?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well, i am lucky enough to have choices, weather is dictating a bit Friday crap, Saturday lovely and Sunday crap, but don't think it will stop me, i can go and try a new site for a upcoming meet, or set up a new spot on a favourite wood of mine, which will keep me really busy on Saturday, and may even try that awful hammocking thing again! My record is 4 hours, but i will have tent on standby.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Well, i am lucky enough to have choices, weather is dictating a bit Friday crap, Saturday lovely and Sunday crap, but don't think it will stop me, i can go and try a new site for a upcoming meet, or set up a new spot on a favourite wood of mine, which will keep me really busy on Saturday, and may even try that awful hammocking thing again! My record is 4 hours, but i will have tent on standby.

Lol Ivan, I dont quite get the whole swinging from trees mate either!! That should be reserved for Monkeys and Tarzan only!!
I enjoy ground dwelling far too much!!
How are you feeling now? Did it take long to get rid totally of the lymes (limes?) disease?

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Jacko, yeah good thanks pal, still a bit weak , and i think 5 weeks of antibiotics didn't do me all that good, but at least the all clear, and as for the hammocky thing i know i should love it , camped with soo many people that swear by it and look so comfortable, i get in with really good intentions and fall asleep quickly, then sometime in the next 4 hours i wake up thinking i have been kidnapped, and just have to get on the ground, wouldn't do for us all to be the same i spose.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Saturday, Getting up early for a shot at the geese on Saturday morning, then over to our shoot for our first day at our pheasants mid morning, then going to pick up 2 tonnes of wheat as pheasant feed and drop it off around at our feeders all over the shoot. Hopefuly if in time for dark we will shoot a few ducks from the pond before we go home!! Dash home as the inlaws are coming for dinner at night!

Sunday, bathroom fitting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE