Out and about

udamiano

On a new journey
This week has been a visit to France with SWMBO. Today broke my toe so nothing tomorrow until the swelling goes down and I can put me boots on!
On site (hopefully Saturday and Sunday ) then off again to Paris for the day Tuesday, back Wednesday then on site until the following Wednesday (yeah :) )

capt.dunc

Forager
Oct 11, 2011
dundee
left the hammock and took a bivi bag in the end. i wish i'd taken a roll mat for underneath, it was 1 degree when i woke up at 5 am, the fire had burnt down and the wind shifted to get into the tarp.

i was reminded of the 12th century archdeacon, gerald of wales. he wrote of the welsh, "they all go to bed together. they keep on the same clothes which they have worn all day, a thin cloak and a tunic, which is all they have to keep the cold out. a fire is kept burning all night at their feet, just as it has all day... when their underneath side begins to ache through the hardness of the bed and their uppermost side is frozen stiff with the cold, they get up and sit by the fire, which soon warms them up and soothes away their aches and pains. then they go back to bed again, turning over on their other side if they feel like it, so that a different part is frozen and another side bruised by the hard bed."

plus ca change. id left my honey stove handy with some sticks, a bit of warm ember from the fire and cocoa in no time, then the choice of which side to lie back down on.
wouldn't change it, it was great to be under the stars.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
The Misses is working away has been since start of Sept,and wont be back proper till mid Nov,so its no play time for me,got 3 young kids to watch! Been out for a few day trips with the kids,but no alone time on the coast for now.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I came down with the worst case of man flu ever on Friday, spent all weekend on the sofa watching 007 movies and footy.

It really feels like autumn here now and I'm itching to get out for a bimble at least.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
5k run in the am, mooching around the fields after the bunnies near home tomorrow, and geocaching in the lakes/silverdale on Sunday.

Did a short caching route at Lord's Lot wood, it was a nightmare! The bramble regen on the clear fell areas was really hard for the kids to get through and paths were knee deep in mud in places. Took 3 hours to do 2km! To round things off we ended up covered in ticks - still finding them now!!

The lads had a good time under the mature trees where the going was easy though. Some great fungi and the weather was cracking.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, I was looking forward to trying out some kit in the Cairngorms this weekend by walking the Lairig ghru on Saturday, round to Ryvoan, wild camp and then back to Linn of Dee via the Lairig an Laoich.

My mate now can't make it and I'm thinking the weekend would be better spent with the wife and kids as I have a Bowl Carving course near Aviemore the next weekend I have off!

KP (who had already packed his rucksack on account of working next few days!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE