Out and about near Preston

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dibble

Jul 25, 2007
Preston
Howdy folks - just looking for a bit of advice!
The wife and I are very new to bushcraft, and being a nurse and "old bill" on shifts, spare time is rare!
We're based in Preston and are looking for some advice as to where to go for an "overnighter". We've seen places in Wales that take our fancy, but are looking for somewhere a bit closer where we can just pack up and go on short notice (maximum of about 1 1/2 hrs travel) We're quite close to the Lake District, but as I understand, camping and fires are a big no-no.
Any advice from fellow Lancs folks, especially personal experiences/favourite spots is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
There are sites in the lakes that allow fires and i should be able to dig out the details if needed :)

Besides that its either north of the border or private sites :( its a pain we all bare lol

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I can recomend Fisher ground its a good site with really friendly owners. lots to see round there too with wastwater the deepest lake in britain and coniston near by, its stunning round there.

Simon.

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
We stayed at a campsite last year just north of Keswick , open fires are great and allowed , great little site and plenty to do around there

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE