Out and About forum....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Welcome to the newly created 'Out and About' forum. Some of you have been asking for a place to post about your travels etc and here it is. :D

This forum is for info about places, questions, answers and blog like threads. The whole idea is to build up a forum about places and information on places, not just in the UK but the world over.

Reactions: The Jacobite Hiker

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Hay everyone i'm new to the site

Looking for some places to primitive camp in the Southwest near Yeovil. hammock and no trace of course. if anyone knows of anywhere reply here or email me at mayobushcraft@aol.com would like to meet some people who are interested in maybe getting together to talk and do camping my wife needs hot showers and a tent she can stand in. I dont mind but need to get away and ruff it from time to time Know what i mean?

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Great idea. Now we can all brag about our holidays! :lmao: Seriously though this is a great idea. It might be useful if people listed places they have been to and are willing to share info./ give advice about for the benefit of others. :)

David Morgan

Tenderfoot
Sep 18, 2004
Buckinghamshire
Just a thought, could we have a 'sites' sticky (kind of like the 'links' sticky in the resources section) to build up a list of bushcraft friendy camp sites and other accommodation?

Oct 25, 2007
Hello

I am planning a trip to the eastern part of Norway. the national park is called femundsmarka. I have never been before but from what i can find out it seems a pretty wild place. I'm going in late november to early december so there won't be much daylight. Its also going to be pretty cold though I expect the lake, femunden, won't be frozen over so early in the season. It at 62 degrees and 600m and above. I have been building up to this trip for some time but would welcom any nuggets of advice experience or even stories of camping in the freezer is all about. Or if you have any questions or are just curious.

lostjon

commandocal

Nomad
Jul 8, 2007
UK
Hello :) , how are ya? , I wouldnt think a National Park would be a wild place really, There will always be trails and lodges and ranger/park keepers about so you will be safe, and camping in a freezer advice? Umm From when i was in scotland i started shoveling snow with all my layers on and i was young and started swetting and could have died without guidance, so my advice before you do anything physcial take a layer off :p

Oct 25, 2007
Thanks all, its all to easy to forget about things like not getting sweaty. I just read a book about the eveny reindeer people. i guy dies because he left his tent without removing his thick outdoor coat, he only intended to leave the tent for a short time, which is ok but his tent burnt down and so he lost his warm coat. he was only a few miles from a village. if the indigenous folk can get it wrong, the likes of me have to be extra carefull

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Hope to be visiting Amsterdam soon, and looking for any information on what not to miss apart from the Tulip gardens, Are there any good Bushy type shops there, whereI might get a souvineer related to our type of outdoor activities. Time will be fairly limited when there unfortunately, but will be good as a taster for possible longer visit later.

black_kissa

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2006
N/A
Hi Ol Smokey,

You might enjoy the Zuiderzeemuseum: http://www.zuiderzeemuseum.nl/28/museum/museumpark/?language=en

Enjoy your stay!
Live and Love,
Anneke

Hope to be visiting Amsterdam soon, and looking for any information on what not to miss apart from the Tulip gardens, Are there any good Bushy type shops there, whereI might get a souvineer related to our type of outdoor activities. Time will be fairly limited when there unfortunately, but will be good as a taster for possible longer visit later.

Jun 10, 2008
hello i live in liverpool and i was just wondering is there anywhere i could do my bushcraft skills like in the lake district or any where if any help thanks

Aug 22, 2008
Brize norton
i did start a new thread but i didnt see this bit first! duh, so i have pasted it here.

Hello all,

We have been posted to RAF Brize Norton and wondered if anyone had any places that we could go walking around and possibly camp in?

My Husband grew up on Portland and i grew up in the west country, we want to re-discover the beautiful country side that we live in and miss so much.

we want to walk and possibly camp.

Any suggestions?

many thanks

Leanne
Edit/Delete Message

Stevcho

Nov 2, 2008
Bulgaria
www.bigshoescanoes.com
I have now been in the wilds of Bulgaria for two years and everyday is perfect. Four proper seasons and loads of wild locals to watch.
There is a free right to travel here and no-one stops you to ask why you are there or what are you doing. The only rules are buy a fishing permit for 30 levs about a tenner for the year and you can fish and take home from the rivers.
Anyone up for a trip let me know.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
My DIL having jacked her job in completed an epic 600 mile trek on https://www.bibbulmuntrack.org.au/
She has now embarked on a journey along The Heysen Trail before starting her new job!
I have so much respect for this young woman. All completely unsupported and travelling alone.
S

Reactions: SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE