Our Woodland Shelter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice place you have there!
This is ours
007.jpg023.jpg045.jpg
It has taken us a couple of years to get to this point but we have built - a Alter Fire, two fixed position tables. one Free moving "side table", two fixed benches, one thatched pole lean-to, one permanent A frame bed (mine!), various tripods, two foot bridges and access steps up the banks.
We are pretty far off the beaten track and have yet to have visitors.
The parachute, pots pans, griddle, my folding chair, my bed canvas, water purification system etc are left on site to save a hard haul in :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice video Donny, well put together, i have done it once, lots of hard work then circumstances changed and i had to vacate, so be prepared for that!
It broke my heart at the time, i started to do it again in another wood with the owners permission (of course) But that site was too close to a family campsite and i had things stolen and wrecked litter everywhere etc etc.

So just quietly took that on the chin and moved out.

One day i will own my own wood and create a similar spot, but until then i would be reluctant to do it again.

Good on you though, hope you get many more days/nights of pleasure from it.

Ivan...

Nice place you have there!
This is ours...
That is just amazing John!! We need some tables at ours still...ones we can stand up at, that is. Super mate.

Nice video Donny, well put together, i have done it once, lots of hard work then circumstances changed and i had to vacate, so be prepared for that!
It broke my heart at the time, i started to do it again in another wood with the owners permission (of course) But that site was too close to a family campsite and i had things stolen and wrecked litter everywhere etc etc.......

Ivan...

That's a real shame man. Each time we visit ours we wonder if it's still going to be there. One day I'm sure it will be destroyed...or the forestry commission chop down the woods! ...I'd love to own my own little woodland though and feel free to build an extravagant camp.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Owning a wood would be so great!
I am just glad to haver found a place that encourages (for a donation...) our activities :)
A better view of the main table :)
DSCF6324.jpg

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ours is a haven for wildlife - much has been nibbled by our resident mouse over the years (started the site in 2012 if I remember correctly) the local storms may have done some damage recently - but so many trees are down and the floods so high I have not been able to get in to check.
The only thing that will last forever is Hope!
I hope that Donny will keep posting developments to Camp Buck :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE