other sites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Just thought I'd pop up now as it's around this time of day our American brothers and sisters join us and say sorry about the abusive langauge used in this thread and I just hope you accept that any negative name calling here is not shared by myself and I'm most certainly sure by the forum.

And with the greatest of respect to Crazy Dave it's not the first time you have used ignorance as an excuse for trolling. If you are genuinely interested in our subject here perhaps you should do a little proof reading.

Pib :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
crazydave said:
anyway back to topic - has anyone had a look at what micheal put on film?

Michel's trek has already been linked to by Hubba and Viking, and his *style* :rolleyes: :D much admired.

Cheers,
Toddy

RGRBOX

Forager
pibbleb said:
Just thought I'd pop up now as it's around this time of day our American brothers and sisters join us and say sorry about the abusive langauge used in this thread and I just hope you accept that any negative name calling here is not shared by myself and I'm most certainly sure by the forum.

And with the greatest of respect to Crazy Dave it's not the first time you have used ignorance as an excuse for trolling. If you are genuinely interested in our subject here perhaps you should do a little proof reading.

Pib :)

Sadly, this is the reason Mr. Crazydave got himself into the situation in the first place. I myslef under no situation will not allow such bigatry to exsist in the forum I mod. I love coming to this forum,and am a Bushcrafter myself, and teach bushcraft and other things here in Switzerland. I'm a member of three forum, and have found that thisone has been an inspiration to many about what people from different backgrounds can come together and form discusions on all topic relating to our hobby, passion, and way of life. But to have someone come along, and bad mouth others to attempt to make oneself bigger then those around him, is a little too far. I and I'm sure many of you didn't join this or any other fourm to hear or read such language. Nor to be hijacked from the subject matter under discusion by someone bad mouthing others for ones own gain. CrazyDave was given a chance too edit his post. I recieved notice that he had received my e-mail /PM, and he ignored my request.. so after a day, not a few hours, he was deleted from the forum.. and as he's doing again here bad mouthing us for his mistakes.. notonce, but twice.. and all in just a few days of joining..

RgrBox

I'm sorry for getting off of the topic, but I can not nor will not such foolishness go without it's reward.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
OK, I think a few things have been aired and I hope that they’ve been sorted in some way. The fact that Daves been banned from another forum doesn’t bode well, but I’m willing to just let things move on from here. As long as people are contentious about what and how they write there should be no future issues. If there are, I’m quite happy to use the ban facilities on my forum as well, I’m loath to do so but sometimes it’s very necessary. This is a warning.

This post does not need replying to, just taken notice of. Let’s move on, be nice to each other, make constructive comments and help each other get more from the world around us, that’s what it’s about. We all know what we’re doing and how we classify ourselves as people, the name we give ourselves, let’s be happy with that and get on with it.

atraildreamer

May 10, 2006
Providence, RI, USA
British Red said:
We quite like fizzy pop too :D

I think that Churchill once said that England and the United States were two nations divided by a common language (or something along those lines).

Someone should start a thread defining some of the terms that I run across at bushcraftuk. Is "fizzy pop" the same as Coca Cola? (Or as the French say: "Le Champagne Americaine?) :lmao:

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi there,

Fizzy pop is a term used, although it seems to be a little old now and not in common use as much, to discribe any carbonated drink like coke, sprite etc.

Good idea about the discriptions thread, maybe we could have a running glossary of terms/words it can work for both sides of the pond and beyond and may have some practical use for newbies to bushcraft. :headbang:

All that said I struggle to understand myself sometimes. ;)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:lmao: :lmao:

fizzy pop = soda (or cold flavourless beer) ;)

And thanks pibbleb .....pass the zimmer frame mate? :D

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Sorry Red :rolleyes:

I was just thinking though, it's possibly regional, I'm from the North East originally, I use the term a lot but my southern friends and colleagues usually look at me as if I'm daft! :D

Atraildreamer, see what you've started it looks like we all need a glossery! :cussing: :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
pibbleb said:
Sorry Red :rolleyes:

I was just thinking though, it's possibly regional, I'm from the North East originally, I use the term a lot but my southern friends and colleagues usually look at me as if I'm daft! :D

Atraildreamer, see what you've started it looks like we all need a glossery! :cussing: :lmao:

You should try being Scots :rolleyes: Ours is a mix of Lallans, English, French, Dutch, Gaelic, and......... Indian. :D

Oh and pop is Ginger!

Cheersm
Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nah Toddy, that ginger beer mate.....and it comes in stone bottles. The correct measure for ginger beer is in fact "lashings and lashings".

Now on Churchillian stories to do with the US, I like the (almost cetainly apocryphal) story of the Normandy landings.:

When practicing for Overlord, apparently a number of US troops experienced difficulties when leaping off the landing craft, in that sandy water went down the barrel of their rifles causing jams and misfires. The solution was to place something not unlike a condom over the barrel. This could be shot through so it didn't matter if someone forgot to remove it, but it inhibited the ingress of water and grit. For a snug fit, the device needed to be around 18" long. A large number of the devices were ordered from the famous manufacturer of condoms and due to a SNAFU, the order wound up on Churchills desk. Apparently he insisted that the devices should not only be marked as "Made in England" but also "Medium" :D

Red

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
So all in all, I take it we'v all come to the conclusion that there are good and bad in every nation, county, state, town city, etc and that it is not right to judge that people are bad by the colour of their skin or area they come from......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE