Ordering problems Halfpenny's video

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JeroenK

Apr 25, 2009
Deventer, NL
www.peatfreak.com
Hello Forum,

For a while I had the website of Dr. Halfpenny bookmarked as I had an interest in buying the video he offers.

http://www.tracknature.com/mm5/merc...=IS0034&Product_Code=VMT&Category_Code=VIDEOS

At 80$ not really cheap, and for our little family quite steep in fact... Anyway, after a year or so I finally ordered it a few weeks back. Last week I received the package but found only one DVD in the pack, part 3 & 4. So the disk with parts 1 & 2 were missing... I emailed Mr Halfpenny back and he assured me a replacement disk would be sent the same day. So far so good...

But as my interest was peeked, I started to watch the disk I had. After the introduction, the title screen showed "part 1", argh, mislabeled...

Browsing a bit over the video I suddenly found that somewhere halfway through the disk it would stop playing altogether. Turning the disk over I saw it was really badly scratched. Most likely in the plane from the trip from USA to Europe. Argh...

Emailing Mr. Halfpenny gave no results anymore however. I offered to send this disk back so he can investigate what went wrong (mislabeling, how it got scratched, etc.) but no answer anymore :(

80$ is too much for me to loose so I guess I will just wait another week and then contact VISA who have a service for these type of problems. But I would much prefer to have the issue solved and get the video's I initially ordered.

Anyone else has experience with Mr. Halfpenny's service? I hope I can get some assurance that all will be well in the end as right now I quite lost the trust I initially had in his name...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
You have my sympathies Jeroen,
It is not a company / resource that I recall being discussed on the forum - though I may be wrong.
Its also a pity about the mislabelling, the company is causing problems for itself by doing that. Might I suggest a concise description of every stage of the ordering process and list of problems to send to the vendor who then has the chance to see exactly what went wrong with their system and where they can make improvements.

Can't offer much else I'm affraid.

Ogri the trog

JeroenK

Apr 25, 2009
Deventer, NL
www.peatfreak.com
Thank you for your reply. That is exactly what I did. After the first email when I just thought one disk was missing I got a reply in 2,5 hours. But after that when I found out about the mislabeling and the scratched disk I also sent an email describing those but I did not get a reply at all anymore.

JeroenK

Apr 25, 2009
Deventer, NL
www.peatfreak.com
I received the DVD set, pfew. Although it had the same type of scratches this one played fine. Made backups immediately so I will be save in the future and don't need replacement... Haven't watched it entirely yet but did some browsing over it and it looks like interesting information.

In the end, all good :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE